Guilt

When they made it to Ms. Falcones place, they were immediately stopped by security. "Buisiness. State it." An African-American man asked, holding up a gun to them.

  Deathstroke lifted his arms. "We are here to talk. We have a proposal for Ms. Falcone." He said.

  The man squinted his eyes. "State it."

  "Stand down, Bast." Says a voice. Dick looked over to spot a woman with bright blonde hair and green blue eyes, her dress tight on every curve. She had light olive skin. "These are our guest." She said, making her way over to them. "The infamous Deathstroke and Nightwing, a pleasure." She bowed.

  Dick lifted a hand. "No need for that. We have come to offer our services as well as a turning point to the sides." Dick says, folding his arms.

  Ms. Falcone smiled. "I'm listening."

  "We would like to serve the winning side. We propose that you send us to take down Moroni's task force that he has in exchange for your trust in our loyalty." Says Deathstroke, clasping his hands behind his back, confidently.

  Ms. Falcone smirked. "I know the stories. You are well known in providing results." She nodded. "Very well. You provide me with results I will name you my personal guards. Fail and you wont be running from just the Leagues, but both bosses as well." She said. "Understood?"

  "Loud and clear, ma'am." Says Dick.

  "I suggest you get a move on. I am patient, but not that patient." She says, walking away from them.

  Deathstroke sighed. "We should get back to the compound. We will start this task soon." He says, turning to the door, leaving. Dick followed, making his way to the motorcycle.  They made their way to the compound. Once there, Dick immediately turned off his motorcycle and took off his mask, making his way to the computer. He placed the mask on the desk.

  "I'm going to start dinner." Deathstroke says, making his way to the  elevator. Dick nodded, logging into the computer. He brought one knee up, clutching it close to his chest as he surfed the web, trying to see what he missed.

  Is the League on hiatus?

  This headline caught his attention as he clicked it, reading through.

   "After the incident early this month with Robin being taken by the Joker, everyone has yet to see activity from both the Young Justice and Justice League. With Gang Wars on the horizon and some questionable activity from Villains, people are asking if they plan on coming back to action."

  Dick gulped. He decided to hack into the mountain, pulling up the cameras, he noticed immediately something was wrong. Dick dropped his leg, scooting the chair in closer as he watched his old teammates and some newer ones hes yet to see, crying.

  Dick got a bad feeling in his stomach, deciding to search the database. When he did, he pulled up the file on Robin. To his shocked surprise, two files of Robin showed up.

  Robin: Richard Grayson: Deceased

  Robin: Jason Todd: Deceased

  Dick couldnt believe it. He was classified as dead to them and so was the knew Robin. Dick sat back in the chair, sucking in a shaking breath. He clicked on his file, reading more.

  Cause of Death: Gunshots(assumed)

  Age:13

  Dick decided to  stop reading, the rest was stuff he already knew. He clicked on Jason's, though he wish he hadnt.

  Cause of Death: Beaten to Death By The Joker With a Crowbar

  Age:13

  Dick cupped a hand over his mouth, suddenly feeling like the weight of the world crushed his chest. He had helped the Joker escape Arkham... he had something to do with Jasons death. No matter how much he hated being replaced, he didnt wish death upon the kid.

  What about Bats? That was all Dick would think about, suddenly tears filled his eyes at the amount of bone crushing guilt he was feeling. Bats lost him and now this Jason todd.

  "What's the matter, Grayson?" Asked Deathstroke, entering with steaming bowls of pork, rice and corn.

  Dick looked over at him, pointing at the screen. "The new Robin is dead." He says breathlessly.

  Deathstroke placed the bowls down gently. Reading the screen. After he realized just why Dick was acting the way he was. Deathstroke squeezed Dick's shoulder comfortingly. "It wasnt your fault, Grayson." He whispers.

  "I helped the Joker escape! If we hadnt set him free the boy may still be alive!" Dick started to hyperventilate, running his hands through his shaggy hair, pulling it out of his face.

  Deathstroke turned the chair, grabbing Dicks arms, he bent down, holding them tight. "If we hadnt set him free, someone else would have come along to do it. His blood is not on your hands, Grayson. His death wasnt your fault." He said, his low voice seemed to tip Dick over the edge as he started sobbing.

  Deathstroke hated seeing Dick so torn. He grabbed Dicks head and brought him in for a hug, letting Dicks head rest on the crook of his neck. He rubbed his hair comfortingly. They sat like that for a good couple minutes until Deathstroke spoke.

  "In this life, some choices have lasting effects. But this wasnt your choice. We freed Joker. That was it. Anything he did after that was his own doing. It wasnt you." He pulled Grayson away, cupping his cheek. "You didnt do anything wrong here. Okay?"

  Dick sniffled, nodding his head. He knew what Deathstroke meant by those words, but it still didnt feel right to him. He may not have held the crowbar, but he set the actions in motion when he opened that maniacs cell. That was going to follow him forever. This was his first stain that will be hard to remove.

  A/N: so this will be a bit different. Jason died but he gets resurrected and turns into redhood when hes 15 instead of 17. For the point of the plot of this story. ^-^