Lesson 5: Self Discipline

Deathstroke shook his head, starting to get annoyed with Dicks slowing of the Excersises. He did add two more, and increased them by 20 but Dick seemed to lag a bit today. Dick finally finished the last of the exercises before collapsing to his stomach.

  "Dicipline, Grayson." He said.

  Dick groaned. "I understand that is Lesson 5 but considering I'm tired, with some still building muscles and is being pushed to the max, I cant seem to like this Lesson." Snapped Dick.

  Deathstroke chuckled. "Self dicipline is a necessary Lesson to learn. Bats is disciplined. Anyone as collected as Bats or me, even Green Arrow has done some form of Self Dicipline." He explained.

  Dick peeled himself from the floor, getting into a cross legged sitting position. He folded his arms. "What do I need to do to 'Self Dicipline?'" Robin asked.

  Deathstroke held up a hand. "Push your body to a point you never thought you could. Doing this opens your mind to how capable your body is. Knowing and Facing your weaknesses is another. You wont be able to dicipline yourself until you know why you need to in the first place. Once you are able to focus on it, you will know why it is important. You can shift your mind to overcoming instead of dwelling on them. This Lesson takes longer to understand than the others. Once you understand, we can move on to Weapons." He explained.

  Dick gulped, thinking on the words Deathstroke has said. What are his weaknesses? What did he need to overcome?

  Deathstroke cleared his throat, fixing his shirt. "While you think on those weaknesses, we shall get going." He said.

  "Going? Where?" Dick asked.

  "Grocery shopping. Our bodies still require food." He says.

  Dick nodded, getting up he changed into some blue Jean's and one of the Navy blue shirts. Putting on his jacket he made his way to the Motorcycle, seeing Deahtstroke putting a bigger bag in the back of the motorcycle. He grabbed the helmet, putting it on as he got on, behind Deathstroke. Once secured, they made their way to the grocery store near the outskirts of Central City.

  It was a small mart and Deathstroke parked on the side of the mart, making sure not to be seen by cameras. Dick pulled the helmet off, putting the sunglasses on. Deathstroke walked into the mart with Dick following behind. As Deathstroke shopped, Dick thought back at what Lesson 5 meant. The only Weakness he could think of was his big heart in caring for others. Even for Villains he had a place in his heart for everyone. That was one of his weaknesses as well as losing someone close to him. By death is what he means. After losing his parents, Dick never wanted to lose soemone close to him again. Another one is being replaced. Despite knowing he was going to grow apart from Batman bejng Deathstrokes apprentice, he still couldnt help feeling like if Batman replaced him, it would snap something within him.

  "Anything you want?" Deathstroke asked, a basket half filled with water bottles, protein, fruit and Vegetables.  Dick crinkled his nose, so over the healthy food Deathstroke at. He decided to grab some chips and a few ice cream bars, receiving an eyeroll from Deathstroke.

  They made their way to the cashier who had on a Santa hat and a red nose painted on. "Find everything you needed?" She asked, waiting as Deathstroke put the stuff up onto the belt.

  Dick smiled. "We did, thank you." He replied, earning a small smile from the cashier.

  She started ringing things up, deciding to start some conversation. "Have any plans for the holiday weekend?" She asked.

  Dick shrugged. "Not really. Just kind of hanging around." Dick says, grabbing the bags and putting them into the basket.

  The cashier chuckled. "Sounds like a fun way to spend christmas. I am going to Gotham to visit my family." She said. "Its been a good couple months since I've been home. I'm excited."

  Dick smiled. "Well I hope it is worth seeing them after so long. I wish you the best of luck." Dick explained.

  She smirked, turning to Deathstroke. "Your total is $124.56, sir." She said.

  Deathstroke handed her money, before accepting the change. Dick smiled at the blonde cashier, squinting to read her name tag. "Have a nice trip back home, Ashley." He says.

  She nodded, waving a goodbye to him. He and Deathstroke made their way to the motorcycle. As they loaded the groceries into the bag, Dick spoke. "I finally figured out my biggest weaknesses." Dick explained.

  Deathstroke zipped the bag closed, folding his arms. "And what are they?" He asked.

  "I care too much about people. Villain or not, I cant seem to push myself to do much besides some injury. My other weakness is I cant stand losing someone close to me or being replaced." He explained.

  Deathstroke nods, turning to grab his helmet. "Those sound like heavy weaknesses. But now that you know them, you can overcome them. It may take Months, but once you feel like you have overcome it, you will achieve Lesson 5." He pulled on his helmet. "Weapons will be taught after New years. For now, let's get home and cook some dinner." He said, getting on the bike.

  Dick smiled, taking off his glasses and putting on his helmet, getting on the bike and clutching Deathstroke close. Dick watched as the place looked different, snow starting to fall on the outskirts of Central, but it seemed to avoid the city all together. Dick enjoyed the snowfall as they got home. Deathstroke immediately started fixing some dinner, while Dick thought on about Lesson 5, thinking of ways to overcome his weaknesses. If he was going to overcome caring, he needed to do a lot of practicing. That means letting go of what Batman taught him, he just didnt know if he was ready to.