Hidden Motives

Once they got to the hide out, Dick immediately went to the house and cleaned himself up. When Deathstroke got in he walked into Dicks room with the first aid kit. Dick understood, walking over to a chair in his room. Deathstroke set the first aid kit down and started fixing the wound.

  After a moment of silence, Deathstroke spoke. "What was spoken during your conversation with Bats?" He asks. "During a few exchanges, your face was concerning."

  Dick sighed resting his hand on his head. "He asked if I wanted to join him and he said he wouldn't hunt us down anymore if I did... but then he said the only exception for this rule was... if we didn't kill anyone." He looked over at Deathstroke, gulping. "That night I was shot with the arrow, I killed someone. If he finds out he... he will hate me for it."

  Deathstroke paused, looking over at Dick to see his face read slightly depressed. He cleared his throat. "I know a part of you thinks Batmans opinion matters and it does, but if he can't accept a simple self defense and only sees a kill, he isn't worth your time. You were defending yourself, Grayson. Thats all their is too it. You didnt kill that man because you wanted to. You did it because you thought of yourself first."

  Deathstroke saw Dicks face light up a bit. He knew he did his part and continued to clean and wrap Dicks wound. Once it was done, they all got dressed into their tactical armors and got their weapons on them. They met down at the basement, Dick excited to see his motorcycle. He ran over to it, grabbing his keys along the way.

  Deathstroke walked over to sportsmaster as Dick readied the last bit of things. "Are you sure you want to go? Your daughter will be there." Says Deathstroke, slapping Sportsmasters shouler.

  Sportsmaster chuckled. "My daughter isn't a concern for me. Unlike Dick she is refusing to switch sides. I'm here for you and Grayson. Thats all." He says, a splash of bitterness in his voice.

  Deathstroke nodded. "Well we shouldn't waste time then. We have a mission to plan." He says, making his way over to his bike. The others followed. Jason couldn't help but wonder how this was all going to play out. He hasn't really chimed in much, just continuing to be an observer.

  He was rooting for Dick, and glad he joined this little team. Anything was better than goody two-shoes team. He got on his own bike waiting for Dick to lead the way.

  When they arrived at the mountain, they parked near the garage, seeing Batman watching them carefully. Dick took his helmet off and clipped it to his waist as he made his way into the mountain.

  Once he entered the main room, Dick could feel the teams angry glares and he was all for it. Deathstroke remained close as well as Jason and Sportsmaster who had entered behind Dick. Once they made it, Dick looked over at Batman who was eyeing them close.

  "Mind if we use the computers for a bit?" Dick asked.

  Batman nodded.

  Dick smiled in triumph and lead his team to the room. Once they were in there, Dick got to work. Sportsmaster and Jason sat on the couch while Deathstroke leaned against the table watching Dick pull up multiple screens at once.

  After a few more moments, he hadn't realized the young justice had walked in with Batman and Canary all watching from a safe distance. Dick straightened up when he found what he was looking for.

  "So the people that shot me with an arrow, the special class, they were perched up here. But they exited through a van. They set up that amateur job. Does this mean skull is in on this?" Dick asked, turning to Deathstroke who was eyeing the young justice. He tunred his attention to Dick.

  "No. This means the mission wasnt sent by skull. They have someone in that group that has computer history." Says Deathstroke.

  Dick typed something in, and typed up where they met Jason. "If we look at the two places we have seen them, its within the same area as the place Falcone was talking about."

  Deathstroke stood up, walking over to where Dick was looking at. Seeing what he was getting at, Deathstoke smirked, patting Dick on the shoulder. "Well done, Grayson. Seems you've narrowed down their hideout." He praised.

  Dick smiled wide. "This means that we need to get looking." He continued, looking over at sportsmaster who had stood up along with Jason. "So Uncle Sporty, think you will be joining us on this?" Dick asked, sending the Young Justice for a surprise. Especially Artemis.

  Sportsmaster scoffed, jumping forward he grabbed Dick into a headlock and started ruffling up his hair. "Will I? If you stop with that damn nickname." He shouted, squeezing tighter.

  Dick started tapping Sportsmasters forearm in surrender. "I tap out! I tap out!" He shouted.

  Sportsmaster let him go, watching him struggle to fix his posture. Once Dick straightned himself out he glared at Sportsmaster.

  "I will never refrain from calling you Uncle Sporty. It is your legacy now just like his-" he pointed to Deathstroke who was just enjoying the show- "is Deathdad."

  Jason chuckled. "Just how old are you?" He joked.

  "18 physically. 13 mentally." Dick jokes.

  Deathstroke walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We have until nighttime to come up with a plan." He squeezed Dick's shoulder, before walking towards Sportsmaster and Jason. "That is your jobs. Grayson, its time for your weekly training." He said, beckoning Dick towards the beach exit that Dick was telling him about.

  Dick happily followed behind Deathstroke, finally noticing the teams. He tried to keep his eyes front, not allowing them the enjoyment of noticing. When they left, their eyes landed on Jason and Deathstroke.

  "Man that kid." Says Sportsmaster.

  Jason chuckled. "You said it already. Come on, let's figure this out."

  When they left Wally nearly collapsed. "Its like... what? What just happened here? The whole thing is confusing me!"

  Batman locked his jaw. He never knew how much Deathstroke brought out some light in Dick. He's never seen them act natural. It was almost like witnessing someone completely different. He could tell the team felt the same way.

  "I dont buy it. This isn't how Villains act. I'm getting to the bottom of this. That isn't who my dad really is." Snapped Artemis who gripped Wallys hand and rushed him away. Batman knew where she was coming from and wanted to do his own investigating. Its one of the main reasons he gave Dick this option. He wants to know why Deathstroke has such a hold on him.

  He needed to break whatever fake bond is between them. How to do it, is what he needs to figure out.

  A/N: So uhm... yeah, two updates in two days?! Im feeling motivated what can I say ^-^