Standoff

Dick snatched his hand away, turning to face Wally. He stepped back, leaning against the car. "Hey man... been a minute." Dick says, looking over to see the others making their way to them. Deathstroke stepped forward just as they stopped. He snatched Dicks arm, bringing him in closer. Sportsmaster and Jason also stepped up.

  Deathatroke glared at them. "I see you are investigating what happened here last night. Any reason why?" He asked, spotting Green Arrow standing next to Bats.

  "Got some footage. Reviewed it. Seemed like something we should look into." Says Green Arrow who couldnt help but look over at Sportsmaster.

  "Because it involved us?" Asked Dick, who gripped the hem of his shirt.

  "Because it involved you and Jason." Snapped Bruce.

  "Well as you can see, your assistance isn't required anymore." Says Sportsmaster. "We seem to have it under control."

  Wally stepped forward, reaching for Dicks arm, but Deathstroke already knew what was expected. He shoved Dick back into Sportsmaster, who caught him as they stumbled back a bit. Deathstroke grabbed Wallys arm.

  "I wouldn't attempt that again." He warned, bitterly. He released Wally who glared at him.

  From the sudden movement, Dicks side was throbbing more than it was. He couldnt help but feel light headed standing here with all this going through his mind. Not to mention the abnormally hot day for September. He gripped Sportsmaster's jacket a bit too harshly but no one seemed to pay mind to it.

  "Who was after you?" Asked Bruce,

  "Someone who made an enemy." Says Deathstroke.

  "Why is he with you?" Snapped Artemis, who pointed at Sportsmaster.

  "Villains stick together. Much like you lot of super heroes." Says Sportsmaster.

  As the banter continued, Dick looked over at Jason who was eyeing Bruce. Dick didnt want to look at him in fear of what he would see. Disappointment? Betrayal? Anger? He may have chosen Deathstroke but looking at Bats makes him feel... like he is the cause of his sadness.

  "What happened?" Asked Bats, getting back on topic.

  Deathstroke sighed. "If you must know we are caught in a gang war. People want us dead. It's no surprise people would be after us."

  "So you did start a gang war?!" Asks M'gan.

  "Thats all I am offering. Now are you going to let us go, or fight us?" Asks Deathstroke.

  Dick groaned his lightheadedness grtting worse. The conversations seemed to fade out as his side started to throb. He reached down, feeling his side was soaked. Bringing up his hand, he noticed fresh blood. That jerk must have torn something.

  "Uncle Sports." Dick managed, catching his attention. When he saw he cursed.

  He gripped Dick as he stepped forward. "Dicks injury is bleeding." He whispered to Deathstroke.

  Deathstroke turned around, spotting how pale Dick was. He looked back, seeing the young justice trying to look. Deathstroke didnt want them snooping since they were all about trying to take him away. He looked over at Jason who understood.

  Jason stepped forward. "Listen guys, just let us go about our way. We can have this discussion when we meet again." Says Jason.

  He got odd looks from them, especially from Bruce, whose mouth was a thin line. He already had a plan in action, something they didn't see.

  "Come. Let's go." Snapped Bruce, coldly.

  Jason was surprised to see him back off so easily. It made him suspicious but he couldnt exactly do anything about it because Dick is on the verge of passing out.

  "What?!" Snapped Artemis who clearly was left out of the loop.

  "Civillians on the street and not to mention its day time." Says Oliver. "We cant fight. Let's go."

  Dick collapsed in Sportsmasters arm, nearly taking both of them to the ground. This stopped whatever plan that was in motion. Deathstroke acted quickly, catching Dick before he fully fell to the floor. He wrapped his arms around Dick, seeing the blood growing worse. He must have popped a stitch.

  Deathstroke reached into Dicks pocket, fishing for the car keys. Once he had them, he picked Dick up bridal style, turning to the league. Bruce stepped forward, earning a death glare from Deathstroke.

  "Dont you even think about it." He snapped.

  "So Dick was injured?" Asked Rocket.

  "Let me see it." Snapped Bruce.

  "Step closer and you will be asking for a fight." Warned Sportsmaster.

  Bruce looked over at Dick, biting his tongue he knew the mission was more important. "Lets go." He says.

  The others turned away, but kept their eyes on them. Deathstroke knew the retreat was too easy much like the others, but all that mattered was getting Dick to safety. With the window of opportunity, they split off, Dick going in the backseat yet again, while Deathstroke drove. Sportsmaster and Jason were hot on his trail.

  When thwy made it back to the house, Deathatroke wasted no time and started peeling the bandages off with the help of Jason. As they were cleaning and restitching the wound, Deathstroke heard the unwanted intrusion he was waiting for. He didnt bother to hide, he continued to clean the wounds.

  With Jasons help, they were able to get the new bandages on just as half of the young justice busted through the garage door.

  Jason scoffed. "How?"

  "Tracker." Was all Deathstroke said as he turned around. "You sure are persistent."

  The young Justice were in their hero outfits, walking in. Wally spotted Dick on the table, his side wrapped in bandages but his shirt soaked in blood. Bats saw this too and he glared.

  "Are you here to take us?" He asks.

  "You know it." Says Green Arrow.

  Deathstroke knew they were outnumbered. He also knew that if he left Dick in their clutches alone he would have the same feeling of abandonment he had when he first found him. He knew what he had to do and it wasnt going to be prideful.

  He grabbed his weapons and threw them away from him. "I surrender."

  He looked over to Sportsmaster and nodded for him to exit. He understood, knowing he was going to be their way of escape.

  Batman walked forward cautiously, making sure this wasn't a trap. When he slapped cuffs on him, Deathstroke glared.

  "You think being around heroes is whats best for Grayson, but being around you will only cause more pain. Hes a changed man, should've let him go." Whispers Deathstroke.

  "We'll see." Barks Bats.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you are up for some emotional journeys for the next few chapters ^-^ enjoy!