Weapon Lesson 1: Swords

After New Years, Deathstroke and Dick were in the forest, despite the snow, they were ready to train. Thanks to Deathstrokes Christmas present, Dick got his own sets of Katanas that were red and orange to match his new suit. In order to self dicipline himself, he was in his black Jean's and a short sleeved red shirt. Currently, he was just training with one sword.

  Deathstroke twirled his sword in his hand, smirking. "Todays Lesson is controlling the sword. For now, show me what you can do." He said, getting into his typical stance.

  Dick tried to copy it, holding the sword. He did have some fencing classes but he didnt pay much attention in them. Striking forward, he noticed how sloppy it was, leaving himself wide open. With the Dull part of the blade, Deathstroke smacked the side of Dicks chest.

  "You're dead." He said.

  Dick rolled his eyes, getting back in stance he looked for an opening. Finding a spot Deathstroke had yet to cover in his body, Dick went for the obvious spot. Deathstroke in a swift movement, slid his leg behind him, turning his body sideways. He dodged it, slapping his blade down on Dicks back. Dick stumbled slightly, regaining himself.

  "Never go for the obvious spot. That should be common knowledge." He said. "When you face an opponent with the same class weapons, you must be the one to remain poised and in control of the situation. Let them strike first, only then can you tell what fighting style they use. Analyze that and use it to your own advantage." Deathstroke explained, taking a stance. "This is combat fighting. Using your sword not only as an extension of the arm, but also as  protection." Turning his short katana sword around so that it was now in melee position, he patted the sword against his arm. "When in a position you know it wont do, this is the next best measure. With your sword against your arm, you have more free reign for close measures."

  Dick nodded, turning the blade onto his arm, though he found out real quick his sword was longer than his forearm. Deathstroke stood straight, handing his katana off to Dick, taking his. He stabbed Dicks into the ground. Dick swallowed and got into the position Deathstroke was in with the knife. Deathstroke stepped forward.

  Moving Dicks arm in front of him, and straightening his back. "You want to keep the arm with the knife in front of you, though keep it middle of the chest. You must have the natural curve of your back when holding the position. Bend your knees a bit more and bring in your legs. Having them too far apart opens the stance too much. When in Melee, keep your stance close."

  Dick nodded, looking down at his stance, taking in how it looked. He knew this stance, but since he never saw a need for it, he never did it. Knowing swords require it gave him a lot more happiness. He was ecstatic about this new lesson.

  "Now, strike at me." Deathstroke demanded, getting into a regular fighting stance.

  Dick kept composed, bringing his leg forward, he strikes with the blade, hitting Deathstrokes gloved palm. Deathstroke brought his leg forward, stepping on Dicks foot, he grabbed Dicks arm and twisted the blade out of his hand before throwing Dick flat on his back.

  "When holding the blade you want to have an iron grip on the handle." He explained.

  Dick grumbled out some curse words, getting back to his feet, dusting some snow off of his butt. "Isnt there a way to prevent someone form getting your sword? Teach me some dodging skills, man."

  Deathstroke smirked, putting a hand behind his back, he twirled the sword toward Dick, holding out the handle to him. Dick gripped it, getting back into stance. Deathstroke grabbed his second one, striking his stance.

  "While someone comes at you, intending to steal your sword or knife, the best trick you must learn is swapping." Demonstrating, Deathstroke shot his hand forward, Dick blocking it last minute with his sword. Striking once again, Dick stumbled back not prepared to take the hit. Dick watched as Deathstroke dropped the sword to his other hand, reaching forward he grabbed the collar of his shirt, bringing Dick close. The blade stopped just short of his ribs.