1. Chapter one.

Valentino's POV

After rounding up my men that I had assigned to the mission. I placed the gun on the table. It was finally time for me to ascend to the position of greatest Mafia ruler in history. There was only one last step left for this to be done.

We were about to go on a perilous quest to recover a banned code, not just any ordinary code, but one that would render me fucking untouchable in the mafia world.

My mafia wasn't one to be trifled with, but I needed it to be the one to avoid. It took me more than seven years to plan everything through and now it was all completed. I smirked, those fucking bastards won't know what hit them. I was finally this close to being where I needed it.

"You've all been groomed for something specific. I expect you to obey every fucking command you've received over the last many years. Failure to do so will result in your death or torture, and I'm sure you're all aware of what happens when you're apprehended. With that said, I'd like you all to take your respective positions. "I gave instructions to all three hundred of my men that stood before me.

It was already 1:00 a.m., and we were making our way out of the subterranean bunker where I had prepared everything for my mission. We had only moved in two days before. I was confident that no one on the other side was aware of my whereabouts or that we were on our way to them.

The Mafia we were going to demolish was the most feared of them. They were unlike any other. In comparison, I would say we were very evenly matched. The only thing keeping me alive is the thought of how incredible it would be to have that much control over everyone. I also needed to reclaim what belonged to my father.

I was deep in meditation when the car abruptly came to a standstill. I drew my rifle and prepared to shoot the imbecile who had forced us to stop. While a handful of my men were making their way through the bunker to disrupt and distract. We'd go through the gates instead.

This was strategically designed to give us the upper hand knowing how the Romano's are.

Knowing how the Romanos are, this was done purposefully to give us an advantage.

"You'd better have a pretty damn good explanation for fucking us stopping," I groaned out. Every second squandered meant another second lost in extracting the code, and I wasn't about to let that happen.

"What the fuck is it?" I yelled at my soldiers, who all remained motionless as I demanded an answer. I was about to shoot someone in the next five seconds.

"There's a box impeding our road ahead, and we're not sure what to do with it, Boss." One of my men completed lowering his head, as if he was ready to faint from my lethal look.

Is this some kind of joke? How is it that a box was delivered to an undisclosed hideout that I had only recently begun utilizing, and I'm certain none of my men had anything to do with it? They were well aware of the grave implications of betraying or fucking with my mafia.

There was no such box when I checked this fucking place hours ago, so how the hell did this damn box get here? Someone was obviously playing a game that I was not aware of.

I don't suppose an adversary would send a bomb to my gate as a threat; if they knew I was coming, why not organize a freaking ambush? That was not the case. This means they could have raided my bunker and slaughtered my fucking soldiers if necessary. I needed to get moving right away.

"How difficult is it to get a damn box removed?" I clenched my teeth. Enough of this nonsense, it was wasting my fucking time.

"With all due respect, sir, we wanted to have your permission first before removing it; we'll remove it immediately." He rambled on before turning to do what I told him to.

"Wait." He was instantly halted by me. After learning where I was, the Mafia groups I've dealt with would not have sent a dumb trap as a bomb to my hideout. They were inventive in their methods of murder. This box was a source of anxiety and ignoring it would very certainly cost us more than we could afford.

And, most crucially, how did this organization or individual know I was here in the first place? I made certain that no one was aware of my whereabouts. Only a couple of my soldiers knew about this site before we arrived, and they were not allowed to use any tech while we were here just in case.

"I want to see what's inside first, and I want my other men to hold off from attacking the Romano's grounds." I motioned for them.

I kept my finger on the trigger of my gun as I approached the box, but not before signaling for my men to follow. Handle with care, it said as I stood over the box. It was as though they were attempting to make mockery of my Mafia. I glared at the note, signaling Sergio to have the box's cover removed.

If the old adage about curiosity killing the cat was true, I'd find out right now. I had no fear of anything. I've encountered far deadlier threats than this.

"Valentino, are you certain of this? We could always open the box once we've gotten what we want, which is power and Romano's head?" Sergio challenged my authority.

"I told you to open the fucking box!" I snarled at them.

He was well aware that I disliked repeating myself. I wasn't the sort to think twice about firing a bullet in anyone's brain except his.

"OK, you heard Valentino, remove the cover immediately." Sergio instructed as I glanced at him.

Two of my men slowly removed the cover of the box with a crowbar, without shaking what was within.

I held my breath, eager to see what was inside the container. I closed my eyes and inhaled the cool breeze that caressed my face. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to see what was inside the box as the flashlights inside flickered, and to my astonishment, it was not what I had expected in a million years.

This had to be some horrible, twisted prank. Within the container was a very tiny frame. As its chest heaved up and down, the figure appeared to be alive.

Why would a prostitute be sent inside a box? What were they doing? My finger was firmly pushed against the trigger of my rifle. I directed it at the tiny figure curled up within the box.

This has absolutely nothing to do with me. I might as well get rid of it because I'm not going to retain it in my possession. My finger pressed harder on the trigger, my rage rising as the young girl inside the box stirred.

The simplest solution would be to shoot her in the head and throw her off the cliff, and that would be the end of it.

I reached into my pocket for my phone before contacting a few numbers to see if they had anything to do with this particular box, and as expected, no one knew anything about it.

I put the gun to my side. If they were aware of my whereabouts, it meant they were aware of what was about to happen. We were compromised, and this girl was delivered to us as a threat. This cannot be a gift.

"Perhaps killing the girl isn't such a smart idea, Valentino." Sergio stepped up to defend her.

"Did I ask your permission?" I questioned, "That's what I thought," I said after hearing his silence.

"What should we do with the young lady? Perhaps we can get some answers?" One of my other men inquired.

"Take her to the damn dungeon. I want to know who the hell sent her and what's the fucking motive behind her being here." I instructed for them.

"How about the mission you've been planning for years? Do you intend to let the Romanos live?" Another inquired as I ran my hand through my hair in annoyance.

"I'm calling the mission off........for now."

**********

My second story guys!!!😄🤗

Hopefully, this one will be a success as my previous book🤗😁.

Please vote and comment in the box below about what you think!

See you next time! 💕💕💕

👇