Chapter 3

Author note~ click in the picture for her outfit for today

BROOK'S pov
I woke up with a pounding headache so I just took a shower and got ready for today. (Click on the picture on the top to see her outfit) It was Saturday, which meant that today at two all the people who wanted to adopt a girl had to come today or wait until next Saturday. I woke up Bay and gave her a bath and got her dressed and carried her downstairs for breakfast. I put her down and she got in the line for all the girls that are from 3 to 4 years old. I got in my line, the one for 11 to 12 year olds but was stopped by Bekka. Bekka hates everybody because her only friend got adopted last year by a wealthy family and later moved to Cali. "Hey Brook where are you going?" She yelled as she moved closer to my face. Bekka is only 11 but thinks she is the boss of everybody. "Move Bekka I don't wanna bruise your face before adoption day, it would be rude of me." I gave her "the bird" and tried to get in line but she pulled my hair back and made my head hit the ground. I swung my hand back and curled it into a fist and hit her in the stomach. She hit the floor and I whispered to her " If you cannot win fights, then don't start them honey." She glared at me then got up and ran off to the line. I decided to skip breakfast because my head hurt even more now and to make things worse, now my hand was bruised. I fell asleep since it was still pretty early and just set my alarm for 1:00 so I have time to reapply my makeup and other preparations. I won't get adopted but I don't really mind if I am going to be honest. I have my life planned out, and if I get adopted then my plan will be all messed up. I slowly dozed off going over my plan in my mind several times...
After the nap~~~~~~
I woke up just in time to hear "All orphans come to the auditorium, I repeat, all orphans must report to the main auditorium at this moment." Come on the loud speaker. Soon after, I hear a wave of feet come out into the hallway. Okay this is it, do not mess up this moment got it Brook? You lost you chance to get adopted 6 years ago. It is too late to get adopted at this point. Who wants a old girl anyways? All the young couples want babies like Bay. I thought to myself as I marched with the rest to the auditorium. We got in our places and then the staff was setting up all the little rooms for each couple to go in and meet us. Eventually the couple will stop asking for girls and say the girl they want. It was 1:58 and then the doors opened. I expected to see four or five couples but I saw three couples and four guys that looked like they were 18 or something.
Author note~~
Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment and keep reading. I will probably update again today so follow me and get all my updates!!