Chapter 48

*3 years later*
BROOK'S pov
"COME ON BROOK WE ARE GONA BE LATE!" I hear Taylor scream. Today is my first day of public school. "Hey Hayes." I say as I walk towards him and kiss his cheek. Taylor wants to drive us to embarrass us. He says that he was the "king" of his school. I look in the mirror one more time and we all get in the car. I pull out my phone and check the time. 7:45 it way to early. I would still be sleeping but no. When Jack mentioned school, he never mentioned the part that we had to wake up ridiculously early. But, I guess it won't be that bad since Luke and Jake are gonna come here too. Jake already started public school last year. We get to the school and it is absolute chaos. There are people running around everywhere. The seniors and laughing at the freshman running around trying to find the right classes. My eyes are a dull blue with curiosity. My eyes still change color often. The boys already have memorized what each color means. Hayes did it first. He always pointed out my eyes. We go to the office and get our schedules. I have math then band then science then we take a break for lunch. After lunch I have social studies and language arts. I have most of my classes with Luke and Hayes. The only class that I am alone in is advanced band. I play the flute in it. The bell rings and we all walk to math. Taylor picked up Luke and Jake on the way here. Hayes and I walk into the room and see Luke with a group of boys. We walk towards him. "Hey Luke!" I say and hug him. "Hey Brook! Hey Hayes!" He says. "Okay so this is Jay." He says pointing to a boy. "This is Beau." He says pointing to another boy. "And this is Cayden." He says pointing to the last boy. They all either wave or say hi. "Okay take a seat everybody." The teacher says. Then he does the whole "I am your new teacher and this is what we are learning" speech the. The bell rings. We all go to our exploratory block. Luke go to p.e and Hayes goes to typing. I go to the band room and get my flute out of my locker. I set my chair in the circle and hear somebody come in. "Hey Beau." I say. "Hey Brook what do you play?" He asks. "Oh I play flute." "Cool. I play baritone sax." He says. After he comes in, all the other people start slowly filling in. Then the band director comes in. "Okay since there really isn't anything I can teach you on the first day, you guys are gonna watch a movie." He says and goes in his office. Then he pokes his head out and says "y'all can use your phones too." and goes back. We all go and sit next to our friends. I just stay where I am until Beau calls me over to his friends. "Hey Brook come here!" He says and waves me over. I go towards him and put my phone back in my pocket. "Hey guys this is Brook." He says to get the guys attention. "Hi I'm Noah." A guy says. He is really tall and has Hayes' hair. I nod and say hi to him then another guy speaks up. "Hey I'm Justin." He says. Then the rest go. But one catches my eye. "Hey Brook." He says like we have know each other before. I look up at him then I remember.