Chapter 8

BROOK'S pov
I woke up and surprisingly did not have a headache. My eye were a dull grey. They always are when I am tired. My eyes change color when I feel emotions and sometimes when I am feeling rebellious they turn a vivid blue. It is pretty cool. I can never get them to change on demand though. And I can't stop it either. I got dressed in comfy clothes because we are driving back to Omaha today. Sammy says it is 8 hours to get there and I cant sit next to Gilinsky because he is driving and Johnson is. We piled into the car and I got next to Sammy and got all comfy and soon fell asleep. I think I felt my eyes turn green with gratitude. I always feel it when they change. It feels like someone is tickling you and does that thing when you hit a person's ribs with 2 fingers. Like a jolt of energy surges though my body. I fell asleep thinking about my new perfect life.
:-:-:-.-:-:-: after the nap
I woke up to somebody shaking my arm and saying " Hey Brook please wake up. We are home." It was Gilinsky. I didn't get up right away because I wanted him to carry me. He said after about 3 minutes of trying to get me up and failing, he said "Alright I know what you are doing and I know you are not sleeping and fine I guess I will carry you." I smiled and lifted my arms up. He laughed and picked my up and I snuggled up into his chest and he laughed and opened the door. It was complete chaos. There were a bunch of teenage boys with stuff on their hands and faces. They were screaming "SMACK CAM" and laughing. Then one boy, I think his name was Cameron. He just looked at us and said "Well the door was unlocked so we let ourselves in. And uhh yeah we found whipped cream. Taylor started it!" then he looked at me and said "Hey person I don't know." I just laughed and said my name. , Gilinsky ran at him. . He said SMACK CAM" He ran towards him and tackled him. Wow you're really tall." Aaron said. My eyes turned a light yellow with embarrassment. "AND DID YOU JUST SEE HER EYES WENT FROM GRAY TO LIGHT YELLOW!" Taylor screamed. I ran to Sammy and went behind him. I ran behind him and he turned around and picked me up and brought me to an empty room away from the chaos. He put me down and said "Okay this will be your room. Tomorrow we are going shopping to get the furniture and decor." Then we left and he brought me to a boy's room. Then he said "this is your dad's room. You are going to sleep in it until your room is finished." I just nodded and he left and closed the door. I looked in the mirror and my eyes were green. I knew it but they were a vivid green. That meant a lot of gratitude. Great. Now taylor will see my green eyes that were yellow not just 5 minutes ago. He will call me a freak. I know he will. I left the bathroom and looked around his room. It was cool. I left and went downstairs. Jack and dad and Sammy were cooking and the rest were watching tv. Taylor immediately saw me and started apologizing. " Oh my god I am so sorry Brook I did not mean to make fun of your eyes. It is really cool and is a gift that they do that. Friends?" Taylor asked. My eyes turned dark brown with forgiveness. " Taylor of course!" I hugged him and Dad came in and told us that dinner was ready. We all piled in the kitchen and ate the spaghetti. It was good. Johnson cooked it. We all ate and went to our rooms. Dad and I went to his and I took a shower. Then when I got out and changed and went to bed on the couch in his room.