Chaptet 53

BROOK'S pov
"Oh my god! Ben?!" I ask as the stranger turns around. "Brook?!" He says. I met Benjamin when I was at the orphanage too. He was sitting on a bench playing a guitar. We became best friends and spent a lot of time together for like 3 years. Then he moved to pursue his dream of singing. I nod and run up to him. We hug and Hayes comes up to us. "Brook?" He says barely audible. I pull away from Benjamin and look at him. He looks hurt. "Why would you cheat on me?" He whispers looking at the ground. "W-what? Hayes I-" I try to say but he cuts me off. "No, it's over Brook. No wonder you have been acting weird." He says and walks out. I put the stuff that I picked out for Jack back on the shelfs and chase after him. He is running back to the bus. "Hayes wait it wasn't what it looked like." I say. He looks at me with glossy eyes. "Then what was it? Huh Brook what was it?" He snaps at me. I look at him shocked. He has never snapped at me. Like, ever. He stomps onto the bus and I follow him and call Shawn. "Hey can we go talk? I need to talk to you about something." "Yeah" he says. We go to a little park. There is something wrong woth the bus so it will be about an hour before we get on the road again. "Hayes saw me hugging and old friend and now he thinks I am cheating on him." I say and look at him. He just looks at me and sees that my eyes are tearing up and are a caramel brown color. Sadness. I have not felt this in a long time and it feels weird. My throat hurts and my eyes sting. He just grabs me and pulls me into a hug. "It's okay Brook, it's okay." He just keeps repeating into my ear and rubbing my back. Shawn gives the best hugs. "It just hurts." I croak out against his chest. "I know but it will get better." He says. I nod and he hugs me tighter. "Doesn't he trust me?" I ask him. "Of course but he just loves you so much he wants you all to himself." He whispers into my ear. "Really?" I ask. "Really." He says. "I don't know what I am going to do. I mean, Hayes and I have been together since I was like 12." I say in between sobs. I have never cried so hard. "You're gonna figure it out." He says and I let go. He lets go and tubs my back one more time. We walk back to the bus and before we get there I check my eyes. They are red and puffy. I wipe them and Shawn dries my eyes. I glance at it again and it just looks like I scratched my eyes. We get back on the bus. It is fixed now and all the guys are coming back from the gas station store. They are all laughing except for Hayes. Hayes looks like he is about to kill somebody. His fists are all balled up and his mouth is pursed. His face is all red and his expression is troubled. I don't know how he is mad, he broke up with me. They all come in and look at me and Shawn. "Hey where did you guys go?" Johnson asks. "Yeah we couldn't find you." Gilinsky says. "Uh Brook didn't feel well so we took a walk and came back after." Shawn says. I nod and wipe my eyes. "Oh okay Brook I got you some stuff." Gilinsky says and hands me a bag. It has candies and drinks in it. "Thanks" I say and grab the skittles out of it. I pop open the bag and pour some in my hand. I lean back and listen to them talk but it doesn't take long for me to tune them out and think about Hayes. Shawn was right. I shouldn't be sad and mope around. I should be happy and try to forget that we ever even dated. I lean forward again and plaster a smile on my face. "Hey Shawn thanks for cheering me up." I whisper to him. "Your welcome and you should probably go to bed. You've had a long day." He says. I nod and get up from the couch. Shawn pats my back and goes over to talk to my dad. I assume that he is talking about Hayes because Gilinsky looks over to Hayes and shakes his head in disapproval. Then he looks at me and gives me a sincere look. I just pathetically smile and go to my bunk.