Chapter 40

HAYES' pov
Brook and I are about to go into my room when I remember that the flute is still sitting on my bed. "Hey what's that?!" I say pointing at nothing. She looks and I quickly run inside and throw the flute under the bed. She comes in and I say "gotcha" and smile at her. Man that was close. She just laughs and sits down in my swivel chair. She starts spinning around and playing with her phone. I laugh and get up to start pushing her. "Wheeeeeeee" she says smiling. I stop her slowly and look at her eyes. They are orange. Like, bright orange. "Hey Brook, what does orange mean in your eyes?" I ask her. "Oh I think it means that I am happy or having fun." She says smiling. "I hope so." I say. "Why?" She asks. "Well because you were having fun with me." I say and I kiss her cheek and hug her. "Okay Hayes I am really tired so I am gonna go to my room." She says as she pulls away. "Bye Hayes." She says. "Bye Brook, see you tomorrow." I say and she leaves and closes the door. I pull the flute back out and open the case. It is sterling silver with gold screws. It must have cost a fortune. I look at the flute one more time and then put it away. She's gonna love it. I put the case back under the bed and sit up. I really want to hear her play it. She said she has been playing for a long time so I wanna see if she is good. I get out my pajamas and go in the bathroom. I take a shower and brush my teeth and change. I quickly fall asleep thinking about Brook's music and what it could sound like.