Chapter 41

GILINSKY'S pov
So today is the day that Hayes is going to surprise Brook with a flute. We got it for her since 1 month ago, we adopted her. It is like a little anniversary. Johnson, Sammy, Nash, and I are taking her out for the day since they were there when I adopted her. We don't know what we are gonna do but it will be fun. We decorated the kitchen with streamers and balloons. It actually looks really cool. We has a just much if streamers left over from her birthday. Most of us are awake and in the kitchen. Abbey is gonna be here in like 5 minutes and Hailey pretty much lives here but we are alright with it because she isn't annoying. She is actually really cool. We see Hayes come down with the instrument in his hands. "Okay she is almost ready!! Go hide!" He says running behind the table. "Hey guys?" She asks coming down the stairs. "HAPPY ONE MONTH WITH US" we all jump out and scream. She covers her mouth and looks really happy. She slowly walk toward me and gives me a really big hug. After she does the same to the others, Hayes tell her to sit down on the couch. "Why?" She asks. "Just do it, please?" He asks. She goes and sits down. "Okay since you have been with us for a month, we got you something." he says and hands her a wrapped box. She takes it and puts it down on her lap. She opens the box and picks up the case. She open the case and just smiles at it. She has eyes that are dark blue. She likes her new flute. She puts the 3 pieces together and sets the box down in front of her. "Can you play something for us?" Shawn asks with hopeful eyes. She nods(still smiling) and brings it up to her chin. She takes a deep breath and starts tapping her foot. She starts playing the beginning of Buckwild and Taylor and Dillon go insane. They start laughing and clapping and screaming. She finishes and they immediately stop and stare at her like she just killed some one. "Why did you stop?" Taylor and Dillon say at the same time. "Well that is all I can think of off the top of my head." she says. "That was amazing!" Hayes and I say at the same time. "Thanks" she says smiling. "No problem" I say. "No I don't just mean for the flute. I mean for taking me in and being amazing friends. All of you guys are amazing. I never thought I would be here and anywhere with a family." She says almost tearing up. We all just get up and give her a really big group hug. "Okay Brook go get dressed for the day! Johnson, Nash, Sammy, and I are gonna take you out for the day." I say. "Okay thanks again!" She says and goes upstairs.