Only the beginning

{Base Tent}

               Sian with the rest of the captain made a quick meeting on how should they deal on the suspected enemies who ran in the forest. 

         "Where is the captain of the assault?" Sian asked impatiently. He wanted everything to finish quickly and have them make a second floor for the base. Sian's previous world was a tropical country, a peaceful country which the people have not struggle for winter. He hasn't experience or felt coldness beyond human limit.  He only knew from intel of his brothers and stories from another fellow brothers in another country. He believe that the snow fall can cover the first floor or even reach human waist in the first month. He need to finish the base as fast as possible. 

          "Sir, The captain fetched the troublemakers for this meeting."  The rep replied to his question. 

            (sfx: footsteps approaching)

         The captain arrived with troublemakers. They saluted to the general at the entrance and proceeded to the meeting. 

            "Between the kingdoms' gates and the forest?" Sian asked questions

"It should be 4.5 kilometers"

           "Any settlement  inside and outside the forest? 

"There is a village outside the forest, but it was ravaged from the beast tide"

"The people in there lost hope and flee in the kingdom for the winter"

           "How wide is the forest? Any worth to be mention?"

"The trees are good for firewood......."

___________________________________________

"Great......... Bomb the forest"

"Wait...."

       "Whatttt!!!?" The six soldiers who was brought from the captain showed violent reactions to the general's decision. They told them they lived in the ravaged village before and the forest is the home of the villagers. They would often hunt in there and picked vegetables and fruits. The forest has a source of water supply which they sell for a living. The forest has many rivers and a clean atmosphere.

 "We know that bombing it can destroy wildlife and the source of the water!"

         Sian_" I heard soldiers didn't help build the construction of this base"

         "Have you ever thought what would happen when this base is not finished"

     "Hundreds of our soldiers will die!"

          The general yelled looking at the eyes of hard-headed soldiers.

         "And do you know what will happen if our soldiers die?"

        "Do you expect those soldiers in the kingdom to protect our people?!"

      "Not only is your fellow villagers will be slaughtered but this kingdom and forests surrounding it will be captured by enemy forces."

         "They'll rape the women, kill the men, and take our children"

      "Why did you even joined the ARMY!!!?"

              "Answer me....."

         "TO BE STRONGER THAN ANYONE ELSE, SIR"

       "But this base is just too much, are planning to build your own country?"
    "What's gonna happen to the people after this base is done?"
  "This base can be mistaken for a kingdom after it's done?"