Chapter 3: Two Months Ago

"I am not marrying that Paxley! I am not marrying anyone! That's never gonna happen!" Guinevere shouted angrily at his father, the King.

"Guin, listen to me. Our enemies are getting stronger each day and they can attack us anytime soon. Swordsmen like our family are decreasing in number. We need allies and the Paxleys are our best option. They are the best mages in the Land of Dawn. We need them to protect our kingdom." The King responded. Almost begging his daughter.

"Why me?! Why not the other Baroque princesses? My cousin! She's into swords so surely they will get along well."

"They agreed with our proposal... in one condition. They ONLY want you. They're impressed with your magic skills."

"OUR proposal or YOUR proposal?! You didn't even ask me before you made that stupid pact with them!" Guinevere shouted, tears started falling down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have any choice right now."

"You don't have a choice?! That's why you're passing on the burden of not having a choice to your daughter?! That's exactly what you did to Lance! Look where he is now! Fucking nowhere!!!" Guinevere shouted even louder and cried even harder when she thought about Lancelot. She misses him so much. She knows she can find him if she wants but not having him in the castle just feels different. Lancelot always defends her from their parents.

"LANGUAGE, YOUNG LADY!!! I WILL NOT LET YOU DISRESPECT ME IN MY KINGDOM!" The King is starting to lose his patience.

"Fuck this kingdom! Fuck the Paxleys!!!" Guinevere jumped into her bed and buried her face into her pillow.

"Stop crying and fix yourself. The Paxleys will be here tonight. You have no choice but agree with the proposal." The King said firmly before shutting the door behind him.

He never cared about us. He only cared about this kingdom. I'd rather live in the streets than marry someone I don't like. I have to get out of here before sunset. There's no way I'm marrying a Paxley or anyone I haven't even met. I have to find Lance...

Guinevere started packing her things, threw a few clothes into her bag and asked one of their servants to bring her food and water. She paid her three full bags of gold so she will shut her mouth and help her escape. Her servant distracted the guards while Guinevere ran towards the secret passage that leads to an underground river. A boat is already waiting for her. She paddled as fast as she could but it was already dark when she reached the coast. She was so tired but felt relief. I am free now.

MEANWHILE AT THE PALACE...

"You have offended our house, Baroque King! You better find your stubborn daughter or else this will not end well." Said the disappointed King of the Paxleys.

"Don't worry father, we will find my bride." Gustav, the eldest of the five Paxley princes consoled the Paxley King.

"I will order my men immediately to find my daughter." Guinevere's father tried to convince the two Paxleys.

"No need to, the Paxley mages are already taking care of that as of the moment. Your daughter will be here before we leave tonight. I ordered them not to hurt her. I want my wife to be beautiful at our wedding." Gustav gave the Baroque King an evil smile.

IN THE FOREST...

Guinevere ran as fast as she could as a group of mages chased her. The forest is so dark she can barely see the way. She suddenly bumped into a hooded man with a mask on his mouth like a ninja.

I'm finished. They caught me. Guinevere thought. She closed her eyes, waiting for what will happen next. The hooded man grabbed her arm and ran fast almost dragging her. She just ran and followed him. To her surprise, he asked her while they were running.