Chapter 7: The Queen of the Night

Guinevere was getting her books from her locker when suddenly she heard girls screaming in the hallway.

"Here comes the King of the Night! Woohoo!" Guinevere heard Alucard cheered as Gusion arrived. She kept her eyes focused on the books in her locker and pretended she was doing something. She was going to leave when she bumped into someone. It was Gusion.

"Gusion." She said as she tried to act normal.

"Hi Athena. How are you?" Gusion asked giving Guinevere a smile that could kill any girl who sees it.

"I, I'm fine. You? Congratulations on being the King. I forgot to tell you last time." Guinevere smiled. Still acting normal.

"Last time? Did you guys see each other already before today?" Alucard butted in.

The two did not respond. Gusion can sense that Guinevere won't be comfortable if people knew he went to her flat after the ball. So he changed the subject.

"So tell me Alu, how did you go back to your room after the ball?" Gusion was laughing.

"You people are not gonna let that go, huh?!" Alucard said scratching his head.

Guinevere started laughing too as she remembered her conversation with Alucard and Granger yesterday. Gusion secretly looked at her.

"Glad to have you back, bro." Alucard said as he tapped Gusion's back.

"Miss me already? I was just gone for a day." Gusion responded. Although he knew what Alucard meant.

"You know what I mean, bro. I haven't heard that laugh of yours for a very long time. Is it because of Lesley? Did you two..." Alucard suddenly stopped talking as he realized Guinevere was there.

"Okay, you guys continue with your boy talk. I'm going to find Angela. Have a great day, you two!" Guinevere said goodbye and walked away from the two.

She didn't want to hear Gusion's response to what Alucard just said. She didn't want to think about Gusion or get affected by his presence anymore. I'm not one of those girls. She thought.

It was lunch break. The pantry is packed with students. Guinevere saved a seat for Angela as the android was still in queue to buy food. Guinevere started eating her pasta when Gusion arrived. "D'you mind if I sit with you?"

"I'm sorry, 'actually saving that seat for Angela." Guinevere apologized.

"It's okay, Athena. I'll sit with Chou. You can take my seat, Gus." Angela suddenly appeared with her tray of food and then left excitedly.

Guinevere had no choice but to eat with Gusion on the same table now. She couldn't find any words to say to him.

"How's your weekend?" Gusion broke the silence.

"It was good, I watched horror movies and then ate and slept all day. Really productive you know." Guinevere responded.

Gusion understood the sarcasm on her response. "Hey, that's better than doing nothing."

"How about you, what did you do after you left my place?" I had to be that specific, huh. Could've just said 'weekend'. Guinevere asked and then regret the last part of her question.

"I, uh, went to the forest." Gusion responded. "I was looking for someone."

"Oh." Guinevere didn't know what to say again. She knew he was referring to that girl he told her about when he was in her flat. First there's Lesley, then there's this mysterious girl.

Gusion was wondering what Guinevere was thinking. He felt comfortable and wanted to tell her about the princess but he felt it was off and Guinevere seemed uninterested to listen.