Chapter 22: Cute Couple

"Thank you so much for everything, Rafaela." Guinevere smiled warmly as she thanked the beautiful healer. It was Sunday afternoon and she is finally being discharged from the Moonton clinic.

"You're welcome, Miss Baroque. I'm so glad you're finally going home. Not that I don't like taking care of you of course, but I'm glad you're better now. Here, I wrote the instructions on when and how often you need to drink the potions. I wrote my number at the back. Please don't hesitate to call me if you have any questions." Rafaela responded and handed a piece of paper to Guinevere.

"Gusion, please make sure to monitor her every two hours at least for tonight." She continued.

Gusion and Guinevere looked at each other. Speechless.

Every. Two. Hours. At least for tonight. That would mean they will need to sleep together in the same place or room which is definitely not the clinic.

"And oh, no physical activities Miss Baroque please, for two weeks. That includes carrying heavy stuff, walking briskly, running, working out, anything that will make you tired, including... you know..." Rafaela paused and giggled.

"I hope that can wait, I'm sure you two missed each other so much..." She winked at the two.

There was an awkward silence. Guinevere tried not to look at Gusion and smiled forcefully at Rafaela. Gusion, on the other hand wiped his sweat from his forehead.

"Aww, you two are blushing! Such a cute couple! Sorry I made you feel awkward."

"Ah, it-, it's okay, Rafaela. We understand." Guinevere responded, still smiling awkwardly.

"Good. Take care on your way home, you two. Call me if you need anything, okay?"

The two thanked Rafaela before they left. Gusion offered his place but realized it could be a little messy right now because of Claude's pet monkey, Dexter and Guinevere could rest better in her flat too. He insisted on taking a cab to her place even if it's literally just a few blocks away from the academy.

Gusion was unusually silent and his face was still red when they arrived at Guinevere's flat. They still both felt a bit awkward because of what Rafaela said earlier.

"Gusion, you're still blushing." Guinevere broke the silence by joking to bring the atmosphere back to normal.

"Am I the only one, princess?" Gusion smiled at her.

Guinevere looked away as she felt her face burned even more. Gusion chuckled.

"You know I don't want to be a princess if that would mean marrying your brother."

"I'm sorry, Guin— evere. Don't you like it when I call you princess?"

"Huh? What? No! It's not that! I-uhm, it's actually sweet when it comes from you. Uhm, I don't know why I said that. Just forget it." Guinevere stuttered.

"Hmmm, by the way, you don't have to stay here to monitor me, you know. I think I will be okay. I bothered you too much already. You need to rest too, Gusion. You still have trainings tomorrow."

"I appreciate you worrying about me, Guin. But I think we should follow Rafaela's instructions. If you're not comfortable with me staying here, I can pick up Angela to keep you company. Our trainings are cancelled for now until further notice anyway so I'm sure she won't mind." Gusion suggested.

"Oh! No, no. I don't want to bother Angela. It's not that I'm not comfortable having you around. I actually want you to stay, but I just thought you need to rest too."

"You're too cute, my princess. I can sleep on the couch. Unless of course you want me to sleep beside you?" Gusion teased.

"Of course I want you to sleep beside me, Paxley! It could get really cold here during the night. Don't you want to hug your girlfriend while you sleep? I'm sure you're not thinking of doing anything lewd anyway. So I really won't mind." Guinevere fought back.

Gusion did not expect her comeback and blushed.

"You're too handsome when you blush, my prince." Guinevere kissed him on his cheek.

Guinevere was about to turn her back from Gusion but he grabbed her waist and pulled her close to him. He stared into her emerald eyes.

"You know I may not be able to stop myself from thinking something like that when I'm with you, especially when we're this close. But right now, I'm just happy and content knowing that you love me too. Besides, your brother will kill me."

"What a disappointment." Guinevere walked away and sat on her bed.

Gusion was standing in front of her, speechless. Waiting for Guinevere to continue talking.

There was silence for a few seconds.

And then Guinevere started laughing.

"You're so funny, Gusion. Hahahahahaha! You would come to me teasing with that famous "might and magic" confidence of yours and when you don't get the response you expected, you'll immediately become serious."

Gusion scratched the back of his head and laughed.

They talked nonstop after dinner until Guinevere fell asleep. The couch was outside Guinevere's bedroom, so Gusion ended up sleeping on a mattress on the floor right beside her bed.

The next morning, Gusion slowly opened his eyes as he woke up and saw Guinevere lying beside him on the floor. Seeing her sleeping peacefully warmed his heart. He smiled while admiring her beautiful face and remembered the first time she slept beside him in the forest. He realized it was too easy for her to trust him. I will always protect you, my love. He thought as he gently kissed her forehead.

Guinevere slowly opened her eyes.

"Gusion..."

"Good morning, princess." Gusion smiled at her.

"Good morning. I'm so sorry I moved here. I was having a really terrible dream last night and was so scared." She explained.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I should be thankful your face is the first thing I saw when I woke up. I used to just looked at it on my phone." Gusion responded, still staring at Guinevere.

"You have a picture of me on your phone?"

"Hmm, yeah. I cropped it from a group picture."

"Ugh, you know you could have just asked me to take a selfie with you."

"I was too shy to do that, Guin. I'm afraid you'll find it weird."

"Can I borrow your phone?"

"Here."

Guinevere took a photo of them while they were both lying on the floor.

"This is so cute. Thank you, my love. I still can't believe we're officially a couple now." Gusion smiled and hugged Guinevere.

Guinevere blushed when he called her "my love".

"Do you want to talk about your bad dream?" Gusion asked.

"No. I don't want to talk about it right now."

Gusion was worried.

What could it be? How bad a dream could be to make such a brave woman like her scared? Could it be the same dream she was having while she was in the clinic in the past week? She was crying in her sleep every night while calling my name. Is it why she slept beside me? I wonder what that dream could be...

"Anyway, we're gonna be late for class! Let me cook something for breakfast!" Guinevere stood up.

"No, princess. You go take a shower and I'll prepare our breakfast." Gusion winked.

Guinevere did not disagree.

We're like husband and wife.

She smiled at the thought.

I am so happy right now. I wish I could stay in this moment forever.

I love you, Gusion Paxley.