Chapter 14: She's Back

"Where have you been all summer? We've been texting you!" Angela asked Guinevere as they stuffed their books into their lockers.

"Hey, hey, hey! The queen is back!" Alucard greeted Guinevere.

"Hi Athena! Did you receive my text?" Granger asked.

Guinevere didn't know who to respond to first. "I'm really sorry you guys. I changed my mind last minute and just decided to go home to Scarlet Shadow to see my family."

"Why weren't you responding to our texts?" Angela asked.

"I wasn't really expecting any messages from anyone and forgot to disable DND on my phone."

The three weren't really convinced with Guinevere's response but they just let it go.

"We're just glad you're back." Granger said.

Angela and Guinevere went inside the classroom for History of Magic. Gusion was already sitting on his chair beside Guinevere's. He was staring at her as she entered the classroom.

"Hi." He greeted and smiled as Guinevere sat down.

"Hey." Guinevere responded, poker-faced.

"Where have you been? I've been trying to call you." Gusion asked.

"Why?" She asked, not looking at Gusion.

"I was worried. You could have at least let me know where you're going, you know."

"Why should I?" Guinevere asked as she opened her book, pretending she was reading.

"Is everything okay?" Gusion asked. He noticed Guinevere's tone when she answered him.

"All is good. If you don't mind, I just wanted to read." She looked at Gusion while pointing at her book and then looked away immediately.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Gusion had no choice but to stop asking. He looked at Guinevere who seemed like a totally different person now. She never looked at him throughout the class and left immediately right after the class ended. She didn't even wait for Angela.

"Is everything okay with her?" Gusion asked Angela as they headed out of the classroom.

"I'm not sure, Gusion. She seemed off. Why don't you talk to her?"

"I already did but she won't tell me."

"Maybe try again?" Angela suggested.

Gusion thanked Angela and followed Guinevere who's heading to the library.

He followed her like a stalker as she browsed the books through the shelves. Finally she sat down. Gusion sat down beside her.

"Athena, can I talk to you for a minute?" Gusion asked.

"What about?" Guinevere asked with the same expression she had since she stepped into the campus this morning.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you?"

Gusion is starting to get frustrated with how Guinevere responds to his questions.

"Athena, please. Stop answering me with questions. We were okay before you were gone. The last time we saw each other was when..."

Gusion paused. Guinevere looked away.

"The last time we saw each other was when I was with Hanabi. Look about that---"

"You don't have to explain anything to me, Gusion." Guinevere interrupted him.