Chapter 15: Sorry

The week since Guinevere's back has ended. She and Gusion have never spoken since their last encounter in the boys' dormitory. It was weekend, Saturday morning. Guinevere woke up early to go to the gym. As she went out of her flat and shut the door, the old lady from the flat next to hers greeted her.

"Good morning, young lady."

"Good morning, Ma'am." Guinevere greeted back.

"I haven't seen you in a while. That boyfriend of yours have been coming here almost every day for the last two months." The old lady told her.

"I'm sorry, who are you talking about ma'am? I don't have a boyfriend." Guinevere asked.

"Oh, did you just break up with that tall, handsome, brown-haired guy? I think you should give him another chance for whatever he did to you. If he wasn't sincere, he would have just given up and stopped coming back here."

Guinevere didn't know how to respond. She realized who the old woman was talking about. It was Gusion.

"Sorry young lady, I didn't mean to be nosy. Have a good day."

"Have a good day, ma'am." Guinevere responded and walked away.

So he has been checking all summer if I'm back at my flat... Why would he do that? Guinevere thought as she walked into the gym.

After an hour in the gym, she went back to her flat to shower. She remembered what the old lady told her about Gusion.

Have I overreacted to him when all he wanted to do was to just to talk to me? So Granger and Alucard were right all along. He was really worried about me. Guinevere suddenly felt guilty.

But he wouldn't stop talking to me if I didn't react that way, if I didn't push him away...

But why would I need to push him away if I had already moved on? If I don't have any feelings for him anymore... Have I really moved on? Or am I just lying to myself?

What I am really angry about? I was clearly being unfair to him... He was sincerely kind to me. He didn't deserve what I did to him just because I saw him kissing another girl. Why would I be angry about it? Was I jealous? Damn it. I acted jealous. He must have been thinking I was jealous. That's why he was trying to explain what I saw.

Suddenly, there were three knocks on her door. She looked through the peep hole to see who's on the other side.

It was Gusion.

Shit. She thought. She hesitated for a second and then took a deep breath.

She immediately put on her wig and opened the door.

"Athena."

"Gusion."

"I'm sorry." They both said in unison.

Gusion smiled.

Guinevere felt her heart melted. She smiled back. "Do you want to come in?" She offered.

Gusion went in. They both sat down on the couch.

"I'm so sorry Athena, I didn't mean to hurt you." Gusion said apologetically.

"Hey, I wasn't hurt with what I saw. You don't have to apologize." Guinevere responded.

"Uhm, Athena I was referring to what happened in the boys' dormitory... when I gripped your arm."

Fuck. Guinevere thought. "Oh, uhm... It's fine. I wasn't hurt. I'm sorry too."

"What are you sorry about?" Gusion asked. "You have nothing to apologize for."