Chapter 27: Fourth Quarter

It's almost the end of the year yet both the Paxley and Baroque houses seemed to have never heard anything about Guinevere staying in the City of Scholars.

Moonton has officially announced to resume filming battles by the end of first quarter of the following year. Meaning, once a hero is finally released to the game server, he is free to leave the campus. It's technically the heroes' official graduation and graduating from Moonton has tremendous benefits. It's like winning a lottery through a monthly paycheck. They can get even higher pay every time their ingame model became MVP on each battle. That's what made Guinevere stay. She wanted to continue being independent. She missed her home but she never wanted to go back. Same with Gusion. Although he really didn't care about money, he wanted to be financially stable for Guinevere especially when they finally decide to settle down.

"So, have you thought about it?" Alucard asked Gusion.

"Yes." Gusion replied.

"And?"

"Her brother's wedding with Odette is early next year. I will propose to her after that."

"Why not now? Why wait until next year? I mean you guys don't have to marry right away but at least you're engaged."

"I don't think I'm ready, Alu."

"What?!?"

"I'm not ready to be rejected nor am I ready to see her say yes only because she loves me and didn't want to hurt me. I know how much she enjoys her freedom right now. She's been always following royal protocols since childhood and her world used to revolve only around being a princess and her responsibilities. I don't want to take that freedom away from her too soon."

"She's really lucky to have you, buddy." Alucard patted Gusion's back.

"No, I'm the one who's lucky. She's everything anyone could ever ask for and of all the guys who adored her, she fell in love with me."

"That's because you were the one who saved her from your brother's minions when she ran away. She owes you her freedom. That's what she told me." Alucard smiled at Gusion.

"All the more reason not to take it away from her."

"If you say so. But if I were you, I would do it sooner. I heard someone really good looking is attracted to your girlfriend."

"Who?"

"That guy they call the Cyan Finch, Ling. They said he's the only assassin who can counter you in the battlefield. Girls love him too."

Gusion did not respond, but Alucard noticed his ears turned red.

"Uhm, of course, we both know he's not Guinevere's type. I'm sure she will just ignore him. He is quite too soft for her. I think she prefers guys like you or Granger."

"Granger?" Gusion's brows furrowed.

"What idiotic things are you telling Gusion again?" Granger suddenly went out of the shower half naked after hearing his name.

"Nothing, Grangy. I'm just telling Gusion that Guinny prefers guys like you and him."

Granger did not respond and just went back inside the shower room.

"Why the hell are you blushing?" Gusion asked Alucard curiously.

"What? I am not!" Alucard looked away and went to the kitchen. He went back with two bottles of beer.

"You know Gus, I'm really thankful that you and Guinny met. I still remember your first day here. You were quite a snob, always had a resting bitch face. You were so annoyed when you were assigned to Claude's room. Hahaha you should have seen your face. Then remember when you didn't attend classes on your second day because girls would follow you wherever you go. You got even more annoyed. Until you and I became friends and I taught you how to handle girls properly."