Chapter 41: Back Home

"Hello?"

"Hi Lance."

"Guinny?!"

"Lance, I need your help."

Guinevere hung up after a few minutes of talking to her brother on the phone. She landed at Mahar Pura before noon and went to a bank then to her manager's house.

"Guinevere, I can't accept this." Her manager pushed a briefcase full of cash back to her.

"Ma'am, this is the least I can do. Please, allow me to help you."

"But this is too much. Where did you get all these?"

"I borrowed from my brother."

"You finally called your brother???"

"Yes. But I have to leave now and pack all my things from my apartment as the flight he booked for me is in about two hours. Please, just let me help you."

Guinevere's manager cried and hugged her as she accepted the briefcase.

"Why are you so good to me, princess? I can never repay you for this."

"What you did to me is the one that can never be repaid. I will never forget your kindness, ma'am. You've been my family here for the past year. I will come back and visit you soon, I promise."

"Oh please do. Your old lady will miss you."

Guinevere gave her manager one last hug before she left and headed to her apartment then to the airport.

MEANWHILE IN VONETIS ISLANDS...

"Gusion?" Angela asked as she opened her cottage door for Gusion.

"Hi Angela."

"What can I do for you?"

"It's lunch time! Is Guin awake already?" Gusion asked, thinking that Guinevere moved to her and Angela's cottage earlier that morning to continue sleeping.

"Didn't she go to your cottage before she left this morning? Besides, she didn't sleep here last night."

"Left? Where'd she go?!" Gusion was surprised.

"Back to Mahar Pura. There was an emergency in the pastry shop. Claude said it was all burnt down. Guin had to see her boss to help."

"Do you have her number?" Gusion asked.

"Oh. I forgot to ask her. Shoot I'm so stupid, I was still half asleep when she left."

"It's okay. I'm leaving now. You guys enjoy the rest of the weekend. Just call me if you need anything."

"Are you going to follow her?"

"Yes."

"Gusion, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Gusion's face was serious.

"Ah, uhm... sorry, forget it." Angela suddenly felt shy to ask.

"What is it, Angela? Is there something you want to tell me?"

"She still loves you." Angela blurted out.

"I know." Gusion responded calmly.

"You do?! Do you still love her?"

"Yes." Gusion looked away.

"But, but you— you have a girlfriend now, right?"

"That's right."

Angela did not respond. She felt disappointed.