Chapter 36: Stay

"Guin, we have a minor problem."

"What's wrong, ma'am?" Guinevere asked her manager.

"Our delivery guy just called in sick. We have two orders that need to be delivered now. Had I known he would be out today, I would have not accepted those orders."

"What's the customer's address?" She asked.

"The first one is unit 905 and the other one is unit 907." Her manager replied.

"Both of them are just from the condo next to our shop? I'll do it then." Guinevere volunteered.

It was already nine in the morning and Gusion hasn't showed up again in their shop. She was hoping she would somehow see him in the condo lobby.

"Are you sure, Guin?"

"Yes ma'am, as long as I don't have to drive a motorcycle." She winked at her manager.

"Thank you so much, young lady! How are you by the way? You look pale. Are you okay? Did you get enough sleep last night?"

"I couldn't sleep. But I'll be fine. Please don't worry about me."

"You've been thinking about him, haven't you? Why don't you take a day off today? Just go home after you delivered these orders."

"Thank you, ma'am, but really, I'm fine. I'll definitely let you know if I don't feel well." Guinevere took the two paperbags and a paper cup of coffee and then left.

She didn't see Gusion when she passed by the condo lobby. She sighed in disappointment.

What the hell am I doing?
I could barely talk in front of him yesterday and now I want to see him again?

The elevator stopped at the 9th floor. She immediately found unit 905 and knocked on the door. A mother carrying a toddler opened it and greeted her. She thanked Guinevere as she gave her payment for her ordered food.

Unit 907 was just in front of 905. She knocked but the door was slightly open. A man inside the unit shouted from the shower.

"Sorry, I'm almost done! Please come in."

The man's voice was like music to her ears. It was familiar. She started to feel nervous as she went inside his unit. Even the scent was familiar. She put the paperbag and coffee on the table. She looked around and found a purple scarf on the couch. It was the scarf she gave to...

Gusion?

"Sorry to keep you waiting." The man finally went out of the shower.

Guinevere slowly turned around to face him.

"Gusion?!" She asked, still surprised.

Her face went all red as soon as she saw him wrapped in a towel. His upper body exposed. She stared at his chest and toned abs for a second and then at his face. Her knees felt weak. She didn't know if it was because of being sleepless and tired or because of the half naked Gusion in front of him.

"Guinevere, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you." He apologized.

"Are you expecting someone else?" Guinevere asked, still nervous.

What idiotic question did I just ask?

"Yes."

Guinevere instantly felt sad but Gusion continued.

"I was actually expecting a delivery guy, not a cute lady in a ponytail." He smiled at her.

"Oh." She didn't know how to respond. She could hear her heart pounding so loud.