Chapter 38: Expert Wingman

"Woah! Am I in heaven? This island is marvelous!" Angela gushed as she and Guinevere went out of their shared cottage.

"It's perfect." Guinevere agreed.

She looked at Gusion wiping his sweat off his forehead as he watched the ocean from outside his cottage.

"Eh, are you referring to this island or something else?" Angela teased.

Gusion approached them.

Did he hear Angela? Guinevere thought.

"Are you two all settled in?" He asked.

"Yes. Thanks again, Gusion, for inviting me."

"You're always welcome to join our trips, Guin." He smiled warmly at her.

"Say cheese!!!" Angela hurriedly took a photo of them which caught them off guard so they both just smiled.

"You two look so perfect together!!! My heart can't contain this!"

Gusion chuckled and then glanced at Guinevere.

Guinevere blushed.

"Is the weather here too hot for you?" He asked her.

"What?! Uhm, no, it's perfect. I'm fine!" She stuttered.

"So you're blushing, then?" Gusion asked giving his usual out of this world smile.

"I am not!" Guinevere denied but felt happy. She missed Gusion teasing her when she blushes because of him.

Angela laughed at them and took another photo.

"Look at how cute you two are!"

"If you say so. I'll leave you two now so you can rest for a bit before we go to the beach." Gusion told them before he left and went to his cottage.

"He seems excited today. I wonder why." Angela told Guinevere.

"Probably because he met with his girlfriend earlier." Guinevere guessed.

"Ugh, you are such a pessimist, Guinny. It's probably because he's excited to see you in bikini. Yiiiiieee! I'm excited too!"

"Oh, that's impossible, Angela. He sure is not the type who gets excited about those stuff."

"But he's a guy and you're his great love. So..."

"I'm just his ex and a friend now and I'm just here to enjoy this island with you guys."

"I guess we'll find out later." Angela giggled as she entered their cottage leaving Guinevere outside.

"Hi Guinny."

"Granger!"

"How are you? I never had the chance to talk to you since yesterday."

"I'm good. How about you? Gusion told me you went to visit Ahri? How is she?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell you about it some other time. I just wanted to see how you've been."

"Thanks, Granger. I'm fine, really. Happy to be here with all of you."

"I need to apologize to you."

"What for?"

"I promised you I won't tell Gusion about your deal with his brother and why you had to leave, but I did, to somehow make him feel better when you know..."

"It's fine. You don't have to apologize. He's your friend too. I probably would do the same."

"You still love him, don't you?"