Chapter 39: Forbidden Fruit

"May I?" Gusion stared into Guinevere's eyes as he asked for her permission to kiss her.

Guinevere suddenly felt nervous. It wasn't the first time they kissed, but it felt like it will be the first time again. She stared back at Gusion.

"It's okay if you don't want to. It's just a game." Gusion whispered to her. The way he said it sounded like he was actually tempting her. His gaze was melting every piece of her body.

Guinevere nodded. "It's fine. Go ahead."

Their friends cheered. Angela had the loudest screams.

Gusion moved his face closer to Guinevere's and touched her face with his right hand. Angela screamed even louder like a crazy kid.

Guinevere closed her eyes. She was feeling a bit dizzy because of the drinks she just had and the warmth of Gusion's hand on her face felt very relaxing.

Gusion then gently pressed his lips against hers. His soft lips brought back thousands of kisses they shared together. Her heart was beating faster. She wanted to kiss him like the very last time she did back in the Swan castle. Guinevere wished she could freeze time. She never wanted that moment to end.

Gusion slowly pulled away. Their friends were still cheering.

"You're blushing." He told her without blinking his eyes as he stared into her face. His face was serious.

"I, uhm, it's because of the tequila." She denied.

"Really? Okay..." Gusion stood up.

"Where are you going?" Alucard asked him.

"For some fresh air." He responded without looking back.

"Is he still in a bad mood?!" Alucard asked his friends.

"I don't think so. Not after that kiss." Granger responded.

"Ha! Going for some fresh air because it's getting hot in here for him. He's aroused!" Alucard said proudly as if he was so smart for his realization.

"Pervert!" Granger slapped the back of his head.

"Ouch!"

"I'll go talk to him." Guinevere stood up and followed Gusion.

She was struggling to walk straight and fast because of the alcohol.

She lost him.

Where are you, Gusion?

She stopped walking for a while and leaned on a coconut tree to rest until she feels better. Her head was spinning.

She saw a group of drunk men approaching. They shouted at her as they walked closer.

"Hey miss! Are you feeling lonely? Want some company?"

Guinevere clenched her fist and prepared to defend herself when suddenly one of the men flew to the air and landed to the ground.

Guinevere stared into the man lying on the ground as he cried in pain. A warm presence was suddenly beside her, resting his arm above her head. The shore was a bit dark and she still felt really dizzy. She slowly turned her head to see the face of her savior and was shocked to see who it was.

"Gusion?!"

"Touch her and I'll kill all of you." He told the remaining five men standing in front of him and Guinevere. They were all in shock.

The men panicked and ran away.

"What the hell are you doing here all by yourself?!" Gusion angrily turned to Guinevere.