Chapter 35: How Are You?

Guinevere couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Am I dreaming? Is this really happening?

All the noise around her seemed to fade away. All she could see was Gusion walking towards her in slow motion.

"Gusion..."

"Hello Guin."

"Uhm— Hi. May I take your order?"

"Are you on the menu?"

"Huh?"

"Can I take you home?"

"Guin, are you alright?" Her manager asked when she noticed she spaced out for a few seconds.

Guinevere snapped back and immediately looked away from Gusion.

Oh crap, it was just an imagination.

Her heart was beating so loud knowing that the man she loves so much and has been missing for so long is finally right in front of her.

"Hello Guinevere." Gusion greeted her.

She wanted to cry when she heard his voice. She wanted to hug him right then and there. She wanted to say she was sorry for leaving him, for hurting him. But she just froze and stared at his face.

"Miss, just hurry up and stop daydreaming, okay?!" The lady from behind Gusion shouted at her.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Guinevere finally responded. She was saying sorry not for how she's acting now, but for everything that she did to him.

Gusion just smiled.

She missed that smile. She wondered what he was thinking.

How did you find me? Or were you really looking for me? Why are you here? She thought.

She tried her best to act composed.

"May I take your order?" She asked nervously.

"I'd like one french toast and a black coffee please."

French toast. She remembered that breakfast they had when she got drunk the night before and woke up in Gusion's bed. It's also what they loved to cook together.

After Gusion paid and got his order, Guinevere gathered all her courage to ask him.

"Gusion?"

"Yes?"

"Can we talk?"

"Sure. Do you want to join me for breakfast?" Gusion smiled as he responded.

Guinevere looked at her manager who seemed to have understood what's going on.

"Go ahead, Guin. I'll take over for now." She winked happily at her.

The two found an empty table in one corner of the crowded cafe and sat facing each other.

"Why is he with that girl?!" One of the girls asked, looking irritably at Guinevere.

"She's most probably just a friend. I know he has a girlfriend." Another girl replied.

Guinevere heard it. She suddenly felt like her heart was being torn into pieces.

She looked at Gusion sipping his coffee. He's even more handsome now than ever. He's wearing a plain white t-shirt which he used to wear when he slept in her flat back at the City of Scholars and when they snuggled together while watching movies or before sleeping and waking up in the morning. She missed him so much.