Chapter 30: No Goodbyes

"Will you marry me?"

Guinevere did not respond initially. Her heart was shouting yes. No matter how many times he asks her that question, she knew her answer will always be yes. She knew deep in her heart she'll never be able to love someone again as much as she loves Gusion. They've been together for almost a year now yet it felt like they've known each other for a very long time. He was her soulmate and she was his.

She sobbed as she finally let Gusion put the ring on her finger.

"Of course I want to marry you, Gusion."

Gusion stood up and kissed her soft lips.

"I promise to take care of you and make you happy for the rest of my life, my princess." He told Guinevere.

They hugged each other as they both watched the orange sky.

That night after dinner, Guinevere went to the veranda were Lancelot was standing alone watching the sky.

Guinevere hugged him from his back.

"Guinny. Is everything okay?"

"Yes. I just missed you and I'm so happy for you and Odette."

"Aww, I'm happy for you and Gusion too. I am so thankful that before I settle down, I am sure that that someone is taking care of you. He loves you so much, Guinny."

"I know. You know I always thought you never wanted me to have a boyfriend." Guinevere chuckled.

"I was just being protective of your suitors, dear sister."

"Protective of them? Not me?" Guinevere asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, because you never liked any of them and if they persisted, I knew exactly what could have happened to them. I still remember how you punched that stupid prince in the face when you were ten. Hahahaha!"

That prince was Gustav.

Ugh, I wish I had murdered him back then. She thought. But she realized that if she did, she wouldn't have met Gusion. He would have hated her for killing his brother.

"Why are you not with Odette by the way?"

"She's probably preparing herself for our honeymoon tonight." Lancelot chuckled.

Guinevere rolled her eyes at her brother.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you why you are not with your Gossen?"

"You put us in separate chambers, remember?"

"Hmmm, really? I wonder if one of the servants was just lying when she said she saw you went out of Gusion's chamber early this morning."

"Hahaha she wasn't lying, Lance. I slept there last night."

"I'm not against it, dear sister."

"Then why do we have to stay in separate rooms?"

"It wasn't my idea. Odette's family is just too generous to their guests."

Guinevere suddenly changed the subject.

"You know, Lance, I always thought you were into guys."

"Hahaha I know. That one was the funniest joke you ever told me, Guinny."

"No, I wasn't kidding. I really thought you were gay. Until you introduced me to Odette. If you were, you know that wouldn't change anything. I will still love you the same."

"You are too sweet, my dear sister. I love you." Lancelot gave her sister a tight hug.

Guinevere went back to her chamber and showered.