Chapter 20: Guinevere Baroque

"Where am I?" Guinevere asked when she woke up and saw Angela sitting beside her bed.

"You're in the Moonton clinic, Athe—, uhm..." Angela responded and hesitated to mention her name.

Guinevere suddenly remembered what happened and immediately touched her head. Her purple wig is gone. Her real hair exposed, her true identity revealed. She trembled in fear. She wanted to cry.

"How long have I been here, Angela?"

"Three days. You've been unconscious for three days. We were so scared we thought you will never wake up." Angela responded and touched Guinevere's hands.

"You-, you're not angry at me?" Guinevere asked. Tears started falling down her face.

"Of course not. Why would I be mad at you? I understand everything. You just did what you have to do." Angela smiled at her.

"Wait, you know why I did that?" Guinevere asked, surprised.

"Hmm yes, but don't worry about it right now. You have to heal completely. You just woke up, you still need to rest your body and your mind."

"Have you been taking care of me?" She asked Angela.

"Yes. I have been helping Rafaela. Estes comes here too to check on you and make sure your burns are healing."

"What happened to the battle?" She asked curiously.

"Hmm, our team won... After we stole the lord. It was an epic comeback. You were so good, you know. 20 kills with zero deaths."

"Didn't I just die?"

"Well, technically you almost did. But you lost consciousness seconds after we destroyed your team's base so that wasn't counted."

"I see." Guinevere was a bit surprised. Then suddenly she remembered the last person she saw before she collapsed. Gusion.

Her heart beat faster in fear when she remembered him picking up her wig. She was so scared. How can I face him now? She thought. She's more scared of the possibility that she will lose him forever now that he knows who she is, than the fact that any minute, the Paxley mages and guards would be there to drag her back to castle Gorge and marry Gusion's brother.

Then suddenly she realized, if she has been unconscious for three days why is she still there and not back at the castle yet?

"Angela, where's Gusion?" She asked.

Before Angela could respond, a beautiful lady who looks like a fairy, entered Guinevere's room.

"Angela, it's time for your training. They're waiting for you. I'll take over."

"Oh, shoot I almost forgot, thanks Rafaela! She just woke up, so..." Angela stood up to leave and then turned to Guinevere. "See you later."

Guinevere thanked Angela before she left.

Rafaela approached her.

"Hello Miss Baroque! I'm Rafaela. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Just a little dizzy. I heard you, Angela and someone named Estes have been taking care of me. Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome. I'm glad you're better now. Your friends were so worried. Please don't do that again... going into battle when you don't feel 100% healthy. You could have died there and we wouldn't be able to save you. Thank goodness your boyfriend was too fast to take you out of the arena and brought you here. If it wasn't for him you would be dead by now."

"Boyfriend?"

"Yes. Your boyfriend, Gusion Paxley."

Guinevere did not respond. He saved my life. Even after discovering who I am? Guinevere thought.