Chapter 34: Unexpected Guest

"Guin, be careful on your way home tonight. I heard girls who walked alone in dark alleys got harrassed by some random guys last night."

"Thank you, ma'am. I will, don't worry." Guinevere assured her manager.

"You are an eye candy, my sweet princess. That's why I can't help but worry about you. Why don't you just move to one of the units in the condo next to our shop? That would give your old lady a peace of mind."

"I promise I can take care of myself, ma'am. Besides, you know I'm saving up to return to the City of Scholars."

"If only I didn't have loans to pay, you know I would lend you some money so you could finally go back home."

"Oh, I appreciate it, but you really don't have to do that for me. You've been way too kind to me since my first day here. I'm already grateful that you accepted me to work for you even if I knew nothing and messed up so many times."

"Well, you are the only one I could trust. Plus, this used to be a dead pastry shop. You've been such a blessing to me! Ever since you were hired, this has been the meeting place of so many young businessmen and we both know the reason why. Remember that one guy who asked for your number?"

"Hmm, I'm sorry, which one?"

"Oh shoot, there's another one?"

Guinevere nodded, a bit uncomfortable and embarrassed.

"The blonde one. So when you politely refused to give your number and declined his advances, he went to me and asked so many stuff about you."

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him you are a married woman."

Guinevere and her manager burst into laughter.

On her way home that night, she suddenly felt like someone was following her. When she looked behind her, she was caught off guard when two men suddenly grabbed her while covering her mouth and dragged her into a dark corner of an empty street. She was so strong that she managed to kick one of them. The man fell to the ground but the other one who was holding her slapped her face so hard that she almost lost her balance.

"You're quite a fighter pretty lady, aren't you?"

"If I were you, I would just back off. I don't want to hurt the two of you." She replied.

The two men laughed and walked towards her.

She was ready to teach the two a lesson they'll never forget since it's a piece of cake for her to knock non-magic and ordinary people down, but suddenly, a man in a yellow jacket holding a sword landed between her and her attackers. He pointed his sword to one of them.

"Where did you come from?!"

"What are you a superhero?!"

The two men started running away, scared to death.

The mysterious man turned to Guinevere.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he approached her, revealing his face.

"Ling?!" Guinevere asked, surprised.

"We meet again, Miss Baroque."

"What are you doing here?!"

"I just took a short break from Moonton to visit my hometown."

"Are you from here?" She asked curiously.

"No, I'm from Sky Arch. I was just strolling around and saw you from up there with those two low-lives."

"And by strolling around, you meant jumping from one rooftop to another."