Chapter 32: What Is Worse Than Death?

"Granger, Alu, where's Gusion?" Angela asked the two during lunchbreak.

"Claude said he's out drinking again last night and wasn't back until this morning." Alucard replied.

"Poor Gusion. This really breaks my heart." Angela started sobbing.

Chou wrapped his arms around her and comforted her.

"Has anyone heard from Guinevere? It's been a week since her wedding with Gusion's brother." He asked.

"I don't think she will ever come back to Moonton. Is it really over for the two of them? I can't imagine how painful this is for Gusion. I hope she just asked our help instead." Angela continued sobbing.

"I understand, Angela. But it's her decision and we have to respect that. I'm sure everything was also painful for Guinevere." Granger replied.

"But what about Gusion? He is totally devastated. His eyes were dead when I saw him the other day. We have to do something. We can't let him be like that forever. He doesn't deserve this."

"We have to let him feel all the pain right now, Angela. He needs time to heal." Granger suggested.

They suddenly stopped talking when they saw Layla approaching their table.

"Hi guys! Where's Gusion?" She asked the group.

"He's not well. Why?" Alucard asked Layla.

"Training schedule was adjusted. It will start next week. He needs to stop drinking and attend the training battles or else he will get suspended or worse, expelled."

"Okay, we'll let him know. Anything else?"

"Well, Guinevere Baroque just dropped out of Moonton officially. Too bad she didn't complete her trainings and will never be released to the server. She wasted all her time and effort, you know. Well, she's probably busy with her honeymoon right now. Gosh, I would have never replaced Gusion with any kings out there. I'll go check up on him later then."

"There's no need, Layla. Anyway, thanks for letting us know." Granger answered her, irritated by her comments about Guinevere.

"I never liked that blondie." Alucard whispered to him as soon as she left.

They went to Claude and Gusion's room after classes to check on him.

"He just left." Claude told Alucard and Granger.

"Where'd he go?" Granger asked.

"Where else do you think?" Claude replied.

AT THE BAR...

Gusion was sitting and drinking alone in one corner of the bar. He was already drunk. It was Friday and the bar is packed so he dragged himself outside. He sat on the bench where he and Guinevere almost shared their first kiss. A pang of pain hit his chest.

"Guin..." He spoke weakly as he saw a lady approaching and then sat beside him.

He struggled to see her face clearly as tears clouded his eyes.

"Guin... is that you?"

"Gusion, stop being like this." The lady replied.

"Guin, you came back." Gusion did not clearly hear what she said and was convinced she was Guinevere.

"If you keep doing this, do you think Guinevere will want to come back to you? She's gone, Gusion. You have to accept it and move on." The lady said.

"Guin, I love you so much." Gusion sobbed as he held the lady's hand.

"Come with me. You're too drunk to go home alone."