Chapter 17: Invitations

"What are you doing?" Gusion asked as Guinevere took her phone from her pocket and turned on the voice recording app.

"I want to listen to it later. Can you say it again?" She put her phone closer to Gusion's mouth.

"You're so funny." Gusion chuckled.

"C'mon, Gusion."

"Why don't you tell me first why you want me to say it again?"

"I already told you why." Guinevere averted her eyes as she tried to ignore Gusion's question.

"Why do you want to listen to it again?" Gusion teased.

"How about we record it first before I answer your question?"

"Fine, fine." He smiled.

"I like you, Athena Asamiya."

Guinevere couldn't contain how she felt that moment. Hearing it from Gusion, how sweet his voice was, how his gaze melted her heart while he said those words...

"So... about my question..." Gusion slowly moved his face closer to Guinevere's, his eyes fixed on hers.

Guinevere closed her eyes and then almost shouted. "Because I like you too, Gusion Paxley!"

She slowly opened her eyes and saw Gusion smiling at her like a handsome god.

"Can I record it too?" He chuckled.

"No, you can't!" Guinevere turned her back from Gusion and started to walk away.

She couldn't believe she just told him she liked him. It suddenly felt embarrassing for her. It was the first time she ever liked someone and everything was new to her. She had no idea what's going to happen next. She didn't want to know.

"Athena, wait!" Gusion was suddenly in front of her. "Did I make you uncomfortable? I'm sorry." He apologized as he tried to read Guinevere's face.

"No, you didn't. Uhm, it's just that...uhm..." She was stuttering. Oh god what is happening to me? She thought.

"Is this the first time you ever told a guy you like him?" Gusion asked, a bit worried.

"Yes. I never liked anyone." She answered not looking at him.

"Really?" Gusion asked, surprised.

Guinevere nodded. Still not looking at Gusion.

"So you never liked Granger then?"

"What the--, seriously?!" She asked, annoyed.

"Hey, hey, calm down. You're so cute when you're annoyed." Gusion chuckled. "I only asked because you seem so concerned about him. And, I don't know, maybe you prefer the mysterious type."

"He's my friend, Gusion. Our friend. I appreciate him so much, but I only like you." Guinevere stopped talking immediately as she realized what she just said.

Gusion blushed. "I wish I had recorded that so I could listen to it over and over again. What you just said made me very happy. I feel so special."

"Aren't you used to girls telling you they like you?"

The two reached Guinevere's flat before Gusion could respond.

"It's different coming from you, Athena."

They stopped at Guinevere's door staring at each others' eyes.

He's so handsome. Is this the part where he will kiss me? Should I close my eyes?