Chapter 13: Swan Castle

"Guinny! Breakfast's ready!" Lancelot shouted from the kitchen as he walked to the dining hall to help Odette in setting the table.

Guinevere went down from her chamber, still wearing her pajamas.

"Oh my gosh, Lance! That smells sooo good!" Guinevere exclaimed.

"Your favorite French toast, my princess." Lancelot happily laid in front of his sister a plate of his own cooked toast filled with maple syrup and blueberries and strawberries.

"Awww, thank you so much, Lance! I've been craving for this for months!" Guinevere thanked her brother and immediately started eating.

"It's your last day today here at the castle Guin, so your brother decided to cook all your favorite food for you. He picked the fruits himself yesterday." Odette told Guinevere.

"And my beautiful fiancée prepared our table this morning. Oh and she cooked the bacon without any help from our helpers." Lancelot continued. "So proud of you, my love!"  

"Did you just say fiancée???" Guinevere asked, her eyes widened.

"You heard me right, dear sister. My beautiful Odette just said yes! We're getting married next year!" 

"Oh my god! Really?! I'm so happy for the both of you!" Guinevere stood up from her seat and hugged Lancelot and Odette.

"Promise us you'll be in our wedding. You're our maid of honor." Odette asked Guinevere.

"Of course, I won't miss it! I'll come here no matter what."

"You can bring your friendly classmate too as your partner. The one you told me about last time." Lancelot smiled at Guinevere.

Guinevere fell silent and just smiled back.

"Oh, why are you giving me that obviously forced smile, princess?" Lancelot asked, worried. "We never talked about him since you got here. How's everything going on with that guy who's half handsome as me?"

"It was false alarm, Lance."

"False alarm?" Lancelot asked, confused.

"I decided I don't like him anymore." Guinevere responded, her face is too hard to read.

"Decided?" Lancelot asked, more confused than ever. "I don't think it's something you can decide on."

"Well, it is for me. I don't want to waste my time obsessing over someone's kindness and friendliness towards me." 

"So are you saying that you can control yourself from falling in love with someone?" Odette asked. "When I met your brother, I fell in love right away and I was never able to control it."

"That's because you never tried to control your feelings for me and I'm just too damn hard to resist, my love." Lancelot joked at Odette and kissed her hand.

"You guys are too cheesy!" Guinevere chuckled. "To answer your question Odette, well yes, I can control my feelings. I'm good at it." 

"I thought you're gonna say, you're booorn with talent." Lancelot laughed as he remembered her sister's line when she was younger.

"Lance!!! Stop it!" Guinevere felt embarrassed in front of Odette. She knew what her brother is going to tell next about her.

Lancelot continued anyway. "So did you know, my love, that when Guinevere was about 10 years old, she was able to combine mental perception and super energy and then invented multiple magic superpower including her Violet Requiem - which is based from her favorite flower and color..."