Chapter 9: Hangover

Guinevere slowly opened her eyes. Her head was pounding. She had no idea what day it was. As she opened her eyes completely, she almost had a heart attack. She wasn't in her room. She sat on the bed and examined the place while massaging her temple. On another bed beside hers, she saw Gusion sleeping. She panicked and looked at herself quickly. She was still wearing the black dress she wore at the bar last night. She touched her head to check if her purple wig was still there, thankfully it was. She ran to the bathroom and fixed it to be sure. She wore her shoes and ran to the door to leave. But Gusion suddenly woke up and called her.

"Athena. Are you leaving?" Gusion asked.

"Oh, Gusion. Hi. Uhm, Sorry I woke you up. Can you tell me why I'm here?" Guinevere asked, scared of what Gusion will say.

"You don't remember anything?" Gusion asked.

Guinevere's heart beat like crazy.
What did I do?
What did 'we' do?

"I don't. I'm so sorry. The last thing I remember was I was outside the bar last night and then you came and then we talked but I couldn't remember what we talked about."

"You told me I looked good too when I complimented you, and then you laughed." Gusion chuckled a bit.

"Really?" Guinevere thought hard to recall what happened next.

"Yeah, you wanted to go back inside but you were already drunk so I asked you to rest for a bit. I was gonna get you a glass of water but then you asked me to stay so I sat beside you." Gusion recalled clearly what happened.

"And then?" Guinevere asked but she suddenly remembered what she has been wanting to do last night. She wanted to kiss Gusion so bad. She remembered him in his black t-shirt with the same messy hair he has right now. Her heart began racing fast, she wanted to just pass out and forget it ever happened.

"And then, what happened next Gusion?" Guinevere asked again, she felt like her soul left and went to her flat already.

"And then you asked me why I was being kind to you." Gusion continued.

"And then?" Guinevere couldn't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Gusion fell silent.

"And then what?" Guinevere's voice trembled a little bit.

"And then you tried to kiss me." Gusion finally replied, a bit embarassed.

"Did we, uhm... Gusion, did we kiss?" Guinevere asked, her face all red.

Gusion stared at her and then stood up from Claude's bed. He noticed Guinevere is scared and embarassed. She moved two steps backwards as he approached her. He placed his two hands on her shoulders.

"Calm down, Athena. Nothing happened. We did not kiss. You passed out like a drunk kid. Your building had a curfew so I couldn't take you to your flat. I didn't want any of our friends know what happened because you know how that goes when someone passed out, right? So I brought you here. I called Claude and asked him to stay with Bruno and Chou last night. He won't be back until later this afternoon. Why don't you stay for a bit. Please?"

Guinevere sighed in relief. "That was so embarrassing. I'm so sorry, Gusion."

"Hey, you don't have to apologize. You were drunk. You clearly didn't know what you were doing. You're not used to drinking, are you?" Gusion asked curiously.

"No, I'm not." Guinevere admitted as she touched her pounding head.

"Is your head aching?" Gusion asked.

"Yes. So much, I feel like it's going to explode." Guinevere asnwered.

Gusion chuckled and gave her a bottle of magic potion. She drank it.

"I am so sorry for the trouble, Gusion. I'll never get drunk ever again. I promise."

The two of them looked at each other for a brief moment and remembered something, and then both burst into laughter.

"That was Alucard's line whenever he woke up with a hangover. Hahahaha!" Gusion laughed as she looked at Guinevere laughing with him. She's so beautiful even when she just got straight out of bed.

"Athena, if I may ask, why were you so scared? You've never kissed anyone before? You don't have to asnwer if you're not comfortable." Gusion asked.

"Yeah, I never had a boyfriend and never kissed anyone either."

"That makes sense." Gusion suddenly remembered the princess back when they were in the forest, how he fought the urge to kiss her because he was thinking she might never had a first kiss yet and wouldn't want to ruin it by getting kissed by a stranger like hin. Then he wondered if he could still fight that same urge if Athena did actually kiss him. He didn't know. His entire body was literally burning last night.

"If, let's say, I didn't pass out, would you have kissed me back?" Guinevere asked.

"I honestly don't know, Athena."

Guinevere fell silent. Waiting for Gusion to continue talking.

"You were so attractive in that dress of yours and your were right there, inches away from me, so I probably would have been tempted to kiss you. But then clearly, I know that you didn't know what you were doing, so I think I would stop immediately. I don't want to take advantage of you."

Will he kiss me then and never stop if I wasn't drunk? Guinevere wondered.
"Thank you, Gusion. I really appreciate you looking out for me. I'm lucky it was you I passed out with."

"Anytime, Athena. But please be careful next time. I might not be there all the time and I wouldn't want that to happen again to you with someone else." Gusion asked Guinevere. He looked so sincere.

"I will, father. I promise." Guinevere joked trying hard to ignore her heart that's beating like crazy again for everything that Gusion just said.

"Are you hungry? I would have cooked something for breakfast, but Dexter, Claude's pet monkey, stole our supplies. Can we just eat out somewhere?" Gusion suggested.

"I'd love that." Guinevere agreed.

"Here, wear this, it's cold outside." Gusion put his jacket on Guinevere, giving her shudder down her spine.

Oh God, I want him...
I want him to be my boyfriend...
I want him to be mine...
I want to kiss him right now...
I hate you Guinevere!!!
I'll never forgive you for betraying us!
Guinevere fought against her own thoughts as she and Gusion headed outside.