Chapter 42: Violet Requiem

"Everyone! This is the moment we've all been waiting for! The all-star battle between two of Moonton Academy's best squads! The SABER squad, led by the SABER regulator, none other than Saber himself, and of course the VENOM squad led by the famous Emperor Scorpion, Gusion!" The crowd cheered louder as the announcer mentioned Gusion's name.

"Now, let the battle begin!"

"First blood!"

In less than a minute since the battle started, Gusion already killed Layla. They invaded and stole the red buff.

"Retreat!" Gusion shouted to his team and went to their blue buff.

In five minutes, Gusion already had eight kills.

Guinevere was watching nervously from the audience. She flinched every time one of the SABER squad members attack Gusion.

"We're ahead in gold!" Gusion shouted to his team.

His team was busy attacking Layla, Rafaela and Cyclops when he noticed Saber and Johnson went back to their base to recharge.

"Retreat!" He shouted to his team since all of their HP are way below 50%. But it was too late. Before his team could go back to their turrets, Johnson arrived with Saber slowing down everyone and killed Hanabi first, Layla then used her ultimate skill to the escaping Harley and Angela was killed by Cyclops before she could even attach herself to Gusion. Grock was blocking the enemy team from attacking Gusion as they tried to escape but he was killed by Saber as well. Just one hit on Gusion and it was the end of battle for the VENOM squad. But as Gusion dashed desperately away from the attacking enemies, a lady jumped to all five of them from behind them, knocking everyone up and performed a magic that is familiar to Gusion - the Violet Requiem.

"Guinevere?!" Gusion was surprised.

"Go back to your base now!" Guinevere shouted to Gusion as she dashed away from the dead SABER squad leaving her clone.

"What are you doing here, Guin?" Gusion asked.

"I said go back to your base, NOW!" Guinevere angrily shouted.

Gusion was confused but just followed her.

Guinevere ran away from the arena as soon as she was sure that Gusion was safe.

"Okay, everyone! That was really unexpected! We'll have to take a break for now and figure out how we are going to proceed with this battle. We are so sorry for the inconvenience! In the meantime, we will continue with the students' training battles and you are all welcome to watch!" The announcer, who was also surprised with what happened, apologized to the hyped up audience.

Guinevere ran faster as she went out of the campus.

She stopped in front of the building where her flat is located. She sighed in relief knowing that the battle between the VENOM and SABER squad has just been postponed.

I can't believe I made a scene back there. She thought.

She decided to go to her flat to get all the stuff she left there but she didn't have the key so she went to the front desk to call the owner of the flat.

"Miss Baroque, the owner agreed to let you in. Here's the key. Welcome back and please enjoy your stay."

"Uhm, thank you but I won't be staying long. Like I said, I'll just grab all my stuff."

The frontdesk staff just smiled at her.

As soon as she reached her flat, she realized Lancelot was right. Someone must have been cleaning it every now and then. Her clothes were properly folded in the closet, her shoes were arranged properly, her books, all her stuff were surprisingly clean and in order. She was so tired from running so she decided to lie down on the bed for a bit.