Chapter 8: The Night is Young

"Hey Athena, see you later okay? Granger and Alucard will pick you up at 9PM." Angela reminded Guinevere nonstop the entire Friday afternoon. They are going to the bar in the evening.

Just as Guinevere stepped out of the campus' main gate, a familiar voice called her name from a distance, and then suddenly was in front of her.

"How did you do that?" Guinevere asked as she saw Gusion blocking her way.

"Uhm, lots of practice, I guess?" Gusion responded humbly and then smiled.

"Ugh, don't be too humble, Gusion."

It's so cute! Guinevere almost said what she was thinking. Why are you getting even more and more handsome each day? Why did you have to have those perfect eyes and godly smile? Why did you have to be a Paxley? Why do you always talk to me? Guinevere started to get lost in her own mind.

"So?" Gusion asked, waiting for Guinevere's response.

"So... what? I'm so sorry I didn't hear what you said." Guinevere snapped back, embarrassed.

Gusion laughed. "I was asking you if I can I walk you home."

"Oh, uhm, yeah sure!" Guinevere looked away as her face started to burn.

"Are you coming to the bar tonight?" Gusion asked.

"Do I have a choice?" Guinevere laughed. "Angela... that little girl is too persistent."

"She sure knows how to persuade someone. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have fun with them." Gusion gave Guinevere assurance.

"You're not coming?" Guinevere asked, a bit disappointed.

"I can't promise. But I will try to be there, might be late though." Gusion replied. His face started to look serious.

"I see."

"Do you want to grab food or something before you go up?" Gusion asked as they reached the building where Guinevere is staying.

"No, I'm good." Guinevere responded before she entered the building entrance.

"Alright. See you later, Athena!" Gusion waved goodbye and started to sprint and then vanished in just a few seconds.

I hate this feeling. Guinevere thought and pressed the elevator button. He's going again to the forest for sure. To find that mystery girl? So what? He's not the reason I'm going out. Guinevere's fight against her mind started again. She reached her flat and opened her door. You're jealous of that girl you stupid brat!

"I. AM. NOT!!!" Guinevere shouted loudly at her own self as she threw herself into bed.

I think I'm going crazy. She doesn't like what she's feeling. She hates when she couldn't control her emotions. She knows she's one of the smartest and she couldn't accept that she has no power over whatever she is starting to feel. She dialed her phone and waited for the other line to pick up.

"Lance. Hi... Uhm, nothing, I just miss you. I wish you were here."

"Is everything okay, my princess?" Lancelot asked worried.

"Yeah." Guinevere responded sadly.

"That tone doesn't sound okay to me. C'mon tell me, what's going on?"