Chapter 11: Where is She?

It was Monday morning, exams week, two weeks before summer vacation.

"So are you going somewhere this summer, Athena?" Angela asked Guinevere.

"Hmm, I don't think so. I want to enroll in summer classes." Guinevere responded. She could go to the Swan castle for a two-month vacation but she decided to just stay in the academy to take advantage of learning new stuff.

"Which classes are you enrolling on?" Angela asked again.

"Potions... and then Martial Arts. I'll be training with Chou." Guinevere winked at Angela.

"Oh nice! I wish I could stay. I have to go on a road trip with Nana, Harith, Lylia and Harley."

"Hey that sounds fun! Don't worry, I'll take care of Chou for you." Guinevere assured Angela.

"How about me? Aren't you going to take care of me too?" Gusion butted in while taking his seat beside Guinevere.

Angela smiled widely. "Oh my gosh, you guys are too cute! Do you want me to leave so you can talk in private? Hehehe."

"What? No, just stay." Guinevere said immediately but Angela was already on the door waving goodbye at her and Gusion.

Gusion smiled looking at Guinevere. "Hi."

"Hey." Guinevere replied.

"So, about my question... " Gusion teased.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" Guinevere asked, not sure what to feel.

"I'm just kidding. So, you're not going on vacation this summer?"

"No, I'm taking summer classes."

"Me too. I guess we'll see each other in some of the magic classes then we can go food tripping in the afternoon since those are just morning classes. What do you think?" Gusion asked, giving his usual handsome smile.

Guinevere felt her face burn as she got excited about Gusion's plan. She imagined what they would do after class... watch movies together, go to the gym together, they could stay at each others' place and talk nonstop.

"So?" Gusion interrupted Guinevere's imagination.

"Oh, uhm, yeah sounds like a plan!"

"Cool! I'll cook something that I'm sure you'll really love." Gusion excitedly told Guinevere.

"Really? Okay, I look forward to that." Guinevere responded trying so hard to hide her excitement. She knew her eyes are sparkling in happiness.

Two weeks have passed and it's already the last day of the semester, before the summer vacation officially begin. The exam results are posted on the large screens on the hallway.

"Oh my gosh, Athena!!! You topped all subjects! You're such a genius!" Angela happily congratulated Guinevere as they saw the exam results.

Alucard, Granger and Chou are at their back looking at the results too.

"So, this calls for a celebration, huh?" Alucard asked looking specifically at Guinevere.

"How about some drinks later tonight before some of our classmates pack their bags and leave for summer?" Chou suggested.

"I'm in!" Angela and Granger said in unison and all four of them including Chou and Alucard looked at Guinevere.

"Alright, alright, I'm in." Guinevere raised both her hands in surrender.

"I'll invite Gusion! Maybe he will finally admit where he really was last time we went to the bar when Athena went MIA coincidentally." Alucard teased.