Chapter 29: The Wedding

Gusion and Guinevere cancelled their trip to the Vonetis Islands and just stayed at her flat the entire Christmas holiday.

Guinevere was so happy that they spent their Christmas together. They cooked meals, watched movies, talked - they did all the usual stuff they enjoy doing together. But she cried every night whenever Gusion was asleep. She would watch him sleep and lovingly kiss him on his forehead. She still doesn't know what to do but she decided not to tell him about Gustav's proposal as she tried to figure things out by herself.

Gusion, on the other hand, could somehow feel that something was bothering her. She has been sweeter and always happy yet her eyes looked sad. She would wake up early every day and cook meals for him, she would always hug him, kiss him, and she couldn't sleep without him by her side. Gusion loves it so much and finds it cute, but he is worried about what's really going on. He would ask her from time to time but she would always deny and assure him that everything's fine.

When Christmas vacation was over, everything and everyone went back to normal except Guinevere. Whenever she spends time with her friends, she couldn't help but feel sad that it might be the last time she would see them.

"How are you?"

Guinevere stopped pretending she was reading the book she has been holding for almost an hour in the library and looked up to the familiar voice.

"Granger, hey."

"You're not okay. I can tell. Gusion was asking me too."

"He was?"

"Yes."

Guinevere told Granger everything.

"I don't know what to do, Granger." She started sobbing.

Granger was suddenly reminded of how he felt when he was in the same situation. He felt a sharp stab on on his chest as he saw Guinevere cry.

"I don't want to leave him. I can't. It will break him, Granger. I can't do it. He doesn't deserve it. But if I stay with him, it's like putting him in the brink of death every day of his life. This is so unfair. What have I ever done to deserve this? Why do I have to pay for my father's mistakes?"

"Guin, if only I could take away all of the pain you are feeling right now, you know I would. You and Gusion are not just my friends. You two are my family. You don't have to face all these alone. I think it would help if you tell the rest about this. You know we will do everything to protect you two no matter what."

"I know and I truly appreciate that. But I don't want to put all your lives at risk. Please don't tell anyone about this, Granger. I'm begging you. Promise me you won't tell anyone especially Gusion."

"I will respect whatever decision you'll make, Guin, but—."

"Thank you, Granger."

Granger hugged her as he wiped his own tears.

Lancelot and Odette's wedding is scheduled on the third Saturday of January. Gusion and Guinevere left the City of Scholars two days before the wedding. Odette and Lancelot welcomed them as soon as they arrived at the Swan Castle.

"I missed you, Guinny. I'm so happy you two made it." Odette gave Guinevere a hug as well as Gusion.

"Hey Gusion, thank you for taking care of my little sister. I owe you big time." Lancelot patted Gusion's back.

"You don't have to thank me, Lance." Gusion smiled at him.

"Oh, by the way, we have prepared the entire east wing for the two of you. It's Guin's favorite part of the castle because it has a nice view of the lake. I'm so sorry to disappoint you though, Gusion. You two will need to stay in separate chambers."