Chapter 28: Happy Holidays!

"Happy holidays, everyone!" Angela happily greeted her friends as she handed her Christmas presents to each one of them.

"Oh that's so sweet of you, Angela! Thank you! What is this?" Guinevere asked curiously as she received hers.

"Don't open it here." Angela winked at her.

"Why??? What is this?"

"You'll love it. Gusion too! Just open it when you get home." Angela giggled.

It was the last day of classes before Christmas vacation and almost everyone in Moonton is going out of town. Granger and Alucard will both spend their Christmas with Tigreal, Harith and Fanny in Mossenia. Angela, Chou, and Claude will go on a roadtrip while Gusion and Guinevere booked a flight to the Vonetis Islands.

"See you next year, guys! Love you all!" Alucard waved at his friends before he and Granger left.

The rest of them went back to their dormitory to grab their stuff while Gusion walked Guinevere to her flat.

"I should've just brought my stuff earlier so I don't have to go back to the dorm." He told her as they reached her place.

"Hey, it's okay. We still have three hours before our flight. There's no need to rush." Guinevere smiled at him.

"I'll be quick. I'll be back soon." Gusion kissed her on her cheek and then left.

Guinevere's stuff are ready so she just need to rest for a bit and then shower before they leave.

I am so excited! I love the cold weather but going to the beach on a Christmas holiday is also fun. She thought.

She sat on her bed and saw Angela's gift.

Hmm what could this be?

Her jaw dropped when she finally opened it and saw what it was.

YOU NAUGHTY LITTLE WOMAN!!! That's why you said Gusion will love this too.

Guinevere hurriedly took her phone to thank Angela but when she unlocked its screen, Angela already had a message asking if she liked her gift.

She smiled and responded to her text.

I love it. Thanks again! But I'm not wearing this when Gusion is around. 🙄

Angela's gift is a black see-through night gown. She was going to try it on but she hurriedly put it in her closet when she heard knocks on her door.

"You're back already!" She asked as soon as she opened the door.

Guinevere almost fainted in shock and fear when she realized it wasn't Gusion.

It was Gustav. Gusion's eldest brother. The man she was arranged to marry. The man who is the very reason she had to run away and hide. The villain who haunted her in her dreams months ago.

"Hello, my lady. Forgive my unannounced arrival, but I just wanted to greet you personally. Happy holidays!" Gustav grinned at Guinevere.

"Gu-, Gustav." Guinevere stuttered.

All the scenes from her dream suddenly flashed back, how she cried every night watching Gusion die over and over. Her heart was racing but she tried so hard not to panic. Gustav looks exactly how she saw him in her dream.

"I don't think we've ever met, my lady. I'm surprised you recognized me. I don't even look like your boyfriend."

Guinevere stepped back, unsure what to do.

He knew everything. She thought.

"Don't be scared, Guinevere. I come in peace."

"How did you find me?" Guinevere asked. Her voice was trembling.