8 | First conversation

What is this? Bunglow?

A part of house was made of glass with quite attractive interior, the walls were finely polished and ceiling was decorated with heavy chandeliers. The clicking sounds of my heel was echoing.

After asking maids to prepare lunch mom directed me to my room well Zayden's room to be specific. Nervousness welled up my stomach when I was taking steps towards his room. I know our wedding isn't like others but at least I expect him to speak with me.

The door opened with a creak sound and I came face to face with Zayden. Clearing my throat I cautiously made my way inside the room. I let my eyes roam at the surrounding of the room; I could feel Zayden sharp gaze on me but I tried my best not to shiver in front of him.

Can you believe this? I'm standing in front of a guy who is dream boy of every other girl of our college. He peered at me without any emotions on his face.

Okay! This is kinda awk-ward...

I bite my inside cheek and avert my gaze away from him.

"Have you seen me before?!" his deep voice pierced my eardrum. A shiver coursed down my spine when I heard his voice.

"Uh? In pictures." I answered looking at him.

He gave me a curt nod and walked towards the couch and plopped down.

That's all! No hello? No congratulations?

For the love of God, I'm his wife now!! I have heard how normal people start conversation on their wedding night but today is the first time I heard a groom asking his bride - have you seen me before?

More importantly that's the only conversation he did.

A part of me was hurt with his behavior, I expected atleast a small smile but anyways I'm used to being ignored so I shrugged it off.

I sat on the edge of bed staring at ceiling, window and carpet. After what felt like eternity I huffed and stood up making my way towards the cupboard cause there was no way Zayden was going to acknowledge my presence so I thought of changing into something comfortable rather than sitting here waiting for Zayden to glance at me because I had worn such heavy and suffocating dress just for him!

Remind me to never dress for this guy again... Every effort Azra did on my dress and makeup was thrown into gutter.

With slight irritation I opened the cupboard and my eyes almost budge out of my sockets. My undergarments were sprawled in the front.

The next second I shut the door close with quite a lot of force which made a loud noise.

I just hope Zayden wasn't disturbed with the sound.

"Did you see something you weren't expecting?" He questioned, I turn around slowly to look at him. His eyes were now on me.

"N-No nothing, yeah nothing!" He stared at me for few seconds trying to understand why I was flushed. Giving me a nod he turned his gaze back to phone.