15 | Jannet Confession

✧ One Word Frees Us From All Pain And Sorrows And that’s LOVE and it’s the same word which will hurt you the most..!✧

I didn’t have to look at the door to know who it was

I didn’t have to look at the door to know who it was. It’s definitely Zayden with Jannet.

With my head still rested on Alex's chest, I briskly wipe out tears and inhaled deeply. I don’t want to show Zayden that his actions have power to evoke deep emotions in me.

I hoist my head to peer at them. She had her hand wrapped around his arm. Her face laced with astonishment. She is obviously elated with the fact that I’m close to Alex so that she can have Zayden all for herself. I avert my gaze from her jubilant face to Zayden's enraged face.
He was staring as if he’s going to throttle someone. His jaws clenched and his death glare was directed towards Alex.

Oh c'mon he can’t be serious right now. He can’t possibly be angry on Alex seeing me and Alex close when he is always with Jannet.

“I guess we disturbed you guys!” Jannet chirped, prolonging the word 'we'.

Alex scoffed standing up, “Just for your information, we weren’t doing anything to be disturbed.” His eyes acutely gazing at Jannet's hand.

Ignoring Alex hard glare she asked, “So you brought her here again? But why?”

First of, she has no right hold my husband like that in front of me and second why is she asking why I am here in my home.
Albeit, I know she is clueless about our marriage but still her words pierced my heart. My eyes pooled with tears. I’m okay with my aunts torture but this — seeing him with someone else is agonizing.

Why can’t I be normal like him? Why does he influence me so much. Please don’t me tell I fell for him even after his cold behavior towards me.

A eerie silence sweeped around us. I had my eyes stuck on Zayden while he was looking back at me with his lips pressed straight and his eyes blazing with confusion and anger.

“You know what,” the silence was finally broken by Alex voice, “I am so done with this drama. And you Zayden Harley —” He trailed off pointing his index finger towards Zayden.

“You better tell Jannet what Harriet is to you. I can no longer see Harriet like this. I’m leaving…” Alex turned to face me, “Take care. Call me if you need anything.”

Alex stormed out of the house.

With a puzzled look on her face Jannet asked, “What is she to you Zayden?”

Zayden eyes peered at me, I couldn’t exactly comprehend his emotions.
“She is my wife!” he muttered.

I batted my eyelids not believing my ears.

“She is your what —” Jannet snarled with her brows furrowed.

“My wife!” this time Zayden voice was louder and clearer.

Jannet face turned blanch, she plopped on couch fanning her face, “I really can’t believe this. You married HER out of all the girls.”

“You better drop that tone Jannet. You are speaking about my wife here.” Zayden stated with clenched jaws.

All the while my eyes flail between them.

Jannet stared at me for a second and then said, “Oh, I understand now.”

“What?”

“I understand now why you said you can’t date me even if you want to” she said with hatred laced in her voice.

Terrible anguish struck my heart when I heard her words. They spoke about all this. Zayden can’t date Jannet only because of me. I felt a dreadful ache in my heart, as if it was broken into pieces.

Zayden averted his gaze towards me but I lowered my eyes.

With a lot of agony in my heart I spoke, “Dinner is kept on table. I’m going to sleep.” To my surprise my voice was smooth. I gulped the lump formed in my throat and strolled upstairs.

I slide down the wall, sitting under the shower with tears streaming down my cheeks.

God what I have done, for you are making me witness such things. I can’t believe that MY husband wants to date another women but he can’t cause he is tied to me. I’m hurdle in his path.

I don’t know for how long I kept weeping. I walked out of restroom fully drained out of energy.

That night Zayden didn’t come to room while I couldn’t sleep the entire night.

                   °°°