Trying to act cool

When I reached home it was already 9

When I reached home it was already 9.0 clock. Zayden was in kitchen preparing something — maybe making some juice cause he knows nothing other than that. I walked past him without asking anything.

I was engrossed in solving some problem when someone whispered in my ear making me startled.

"Jeez, Alex!" I huffed placing a hand on my heart, "You scared me. What are you doing here at this time?" I asked closing my book.

"Well for starters I'm hungry and I want to eat food made by you. And apart from this I also have an amazing news to share with you." He gushed

"And what would that amazing news be?" I ask giving him all my attention.

"I won Man Of The Match trophy and I'm sure it's because of my lady luck — which is you..." He winked openly flirting with me.

I smiled at him, I was happy for Alex but somewhere the incident specially Zayden's gaze kept replaying in my mind.

"Hey??" Alex flickered his finger in front of my eyes.

"Congrats..."

Alex stared at me for few seconds and then grasped my hand pulling me out of room, "Prepare something delicious." He said finally letting my hand go after we entered kitchen.

"What exactly do you want to eat?!" I asked trying hard not to look at Zayden.

Zayden was sitting at dinner table staring at his phone. Once in a while he used to look in our direction but I never looked back at him. I don't think I will able to control my emotions if I look at him. I don't want to cry in front of him; I don't want Zayden to know that his actions affect me more than it should.

"Anything cutie."

I prepared dinner for all three of us. The entire time Alex tried keeping me busy with his stories but my mind was already preoccupied with Zayden.

At dinner table »

I served food in two plates. I kept one in front of Alex and another in front of Zayden.

To my utter shock Zayden lifted his head and looked at me.

"Thank you!" He whispered staring at my orbs. I just smiled at him — a pained smile.

I learnt it hard way but I got to know that we can never seperate two people who like each other. If Zayden wants to have any sort of relationship with Jannet I wouldn't come in between them cause I was his parents choice not his.

Jannet is actually a right match to him. All my life I have suffered; I have accepted all the pains life has thrown in my direction. It's okay if one more pain gets added to it. I can bare it. I know.

I am okay!

I will be okay..!

Let it hurt until it cant hurt you anymore...!

°°°

SHIT

SHIT

What the hell was wrong with me..? What was I thinking while glancing back at Jannet.

She is just a classmate. I was never attracted towards her then why today?

Worst of all, Harriet saw me looking at Jannet.

One look at Harriet, I knew I messed up big time. The emotions in her eyes were enough to bring me back to reality.

Lord! I'm married now.
I don't know how to explain all this to Harriet. I turned my gaze back to Harriet but she averted her gaze away from me.

Maybe I can speak to her in car. When the game resumed, my eyes automatically drifted back towards Harriet but she just stood up and strolled out of the court.

Fuck!

I clench my jaws peering at the exit. I was not able to concentrate on game, my mind was preoccupied and my eyes kept glancing back at court exit.

Luckily Alex was able to somehow score goals and we won. When we were walking back Jannet cousins approached us.

"Congrats Man!" Fin said looking at Alex, "I expected Zayden to be star of the match though." He smirked looking at me first and then at his cousin Jack.

"Zayden's concentration was somewhere else today..." Jack replied chuckling.

I had doubt that they were speaking about me looking at Jannet but who cares? Let them think whatever they want.

While I was walking back towards parking lot. My phone chimed and Harriet message popped up on screen.

Harriet - Will come home later. You don't need to wait for me!

My eyes kept glancing back at the large deco clock hung on the wall. It was already 8 and Harriet was still out. Many times I had almost dialled her number but something within me was stopping me.

After another ten minutes finally the front door opened and Harriet walked in with her head hung low. Where was she all this while?

She stately walked past me without looking or speaking to me. She looked gloomy and I had no idea how to change her mood.

I called Alex the next second cause I knew he will be able to cheer her up. They have become pretty close in a very short span of time. I sometimes get confused with the way Alex stares at Harriet.
I know the look with which Alex looks at girls when he is being friendly or when he is just flirting but the way he looks at Harriet is intense and honestly, I don't want to name it!

As expected he dragged out to kitchen where they prepared dinner together.

Harriet placed the plate in front of me and when I said thank you, she gave me a sad smile.

I half expected her to slap me for what happened this morning but she acted as if she isn't effected at all.

❤...