25 | Secret Admirer

💞All that you are, is all i'll ever need..! 💞

In my absence I had asked Alex to take care of Harriet, it was good to see her again

I was somehow able to wrap up all the work earlier than I planned.

Now I was sure whatever I felt for Jannet was nothing but a mere attraction which didn't last longer.

I know Harriet never ever expected me to kiss her, she was hell shocked when I placed a kiss on her forehead.

After our little moment, I went into study where Alex was sprawled on couch playing Rubik's cube.

"What's the matter?" I ask plopping on bean bag next to couch.

Placing the Rubik's cube on the stand, he sat upright and cleared his throat. "You know - Harriet gave you space to think and sort your feelings right?"

Alex looked nervous.

"Hmm so?"

"Do you like Harriet?" He blurted making me look at him baffled. Something was seriously wrong.

"Why are you asking me this. Is she okay?"

"She is okay. I know you don't like Harriet. I feel bad for her Zayden. I want to see her happy. I just -" Alex huffed raking finger through his hair, "You know I have soft corner for her right?"

I closed my eyes shut and gulped down all the anger which rushed out after listening to his sentence. Whatever Alex confessed was true and something I don't want to hear and accept.

I know Harriet and Alex are very close. I don't like the fact that Harriet seems more comfortable and joyous around Alex.

"Alex I am not getting whatever you are trying to tell." I answer completely ignoring his last sentence.

"I like her okay."

He likes my damn wife. Out of all the girls on this planet, he likes my WIFE.

"Hmm so..?" I mutter calmly. I don't like it when someone wants things which belong to me. I never share my things with anyone and that was one main reason why Alex doesn't have any friends other than me.

The person who knows my personality the most was saying that he likes the girl who solely belongs to me.

"Can you allow her to have her space to?"

I look at him with confusing laced on my face. Alex knows very well that I will never say anything to him. If I am standing alive today it was all because of him, he saved my life.

"What are you trying to tell Alex? Can you say it clearly."

"Fine," he exhaled and continued, "I like Harriet and she is confused right now. Till you sort your feelings I want Harriet to be with me... Once you sort your feelings if you choose Harriet, I will never come in your way. But if you won't choose her I will always be there for her..."