stay away from him

Harriet pov :

I was teaching stella how to do design with colored thread, I had my hair tied up into a messy bun, I was facing mom and my back was facing zayden, I was wearing chudidar( Indian dress )with long sleeves and deep back neck.
"wow this is easy. " stella said
"why aren't you speaking anything zay " mom asked him cause he is silent from past few minutes.
I turn around to see him, he was using his phone with full concentration, he didn't even listen to what mom said.

me - what are you looking at..?
I text him, he looks up from his phone.

zay - nothing angel.

I kept quite and continued my work, after few minutes someone untied my bun, I turn around to see it was zayden.
what's wrong..? I give him a confused look but as usual he didn't reply.
"why did you do that..? " mom asked him
"angel looks pretty with free hair. " he said
I started coughing.
"oo angel haa " stella was teasing, my face had turned into red apple.

me - what was that...? ( ◕ 益 ◕ )
zay - you look pretty with free hair.

he sent it along with laughing emoji, which means that's not the reason.

me - tell me why did you do that. ?!

zay - you were distracting me so..!

me - I was distracting you.. how?!

zay - like this..!

He sent my picture, in which my back was facing him, I was wearing blood red chudi and in contrast to that my skin was looking extra fair, iam I this fair..? deep back neck with dark color chudi was actually making my back look more fair. Only half of my face was visible in the picture.

me - only half of my face is visible..? But how iam I distracting you..?

zay - looking at your back iam unable to pay concenterate on my game.

me - oh..

I turn around giving him a playful smile.
"mom how is the design " I changed the topic, after few minutes I moved all my hair on one side of my neck.
zayden started coughing, iam really enjoying this.

zay - what was that now..?
me - what.. ?

zay - you are gonna pay for this..!

zayden went out leaving us four there...

🍁🍁🍁🍁

After flying back to LA, we stayed there for another 2 days.
In these two days zayden was very busy with dad.
He went to company with dad and came home to late, I became more close to mom, I shared with her all my life experience, I also told her about my mom and her behavior. I also told her about birth mother.
She said me many comforting words.

Let go of past but don't forget the lessons it taught you..

I am lucky to have her as my mother-in-law.
I wasn't sleepy, even zayden was not sleeping, he was playing with my fingers, one thing he does - holding my hand and playing with my fingers.

"what are you dreaming about.. ? " he asked me

"uh.. nothing.! " I said

"c'mon tell me angel. " he asked again pulling me closer and wrapping his hand around me.

" I was thinking about my mom. " I said, he kept silent which means he wants me to continue " I have never seen her. "

"what..? " he asked in shock
"she isn't my birth mother zayden. Her sister is my birth mother. " zayden face turned into confused one, but I know he understood what I meant.