20 | Taking her home.

One day can change everything..!

I stare at Zayden in shock

I stare at Zayden in shock. At least he could have ignored Alex comment rather than disagreeing bluntly.

“Okay let’s get moving, we are already late.” Jannet said wrapping her hands around Zayden arms.
Zayden clenched his jaws, his eyes shooting daggers in her direction but Jannet attention was on her cousin. She was gesturing him something with her eyes.

“C’mon cutie let’s go inside.” Alex grasped my hand tugging me towards him. This was my first time attending an event like this. My eyes take in the surrounding which was heavily crowded with guys and girls, flashing disco lights and blaring music.

We came to halt few meters away from the center of the dance floor – where everyone were dancing like crazy. I stood between Jannet and Alex.

“Where is your girl?” Jannet asked Finn, as he approached us.

“She isn’t my girl. You very well know who I want as my girl…” he stated gazing in my direction.

“Of course” Jannet smirked biting her lower lip.

“Let’s hit the dance floor.” Jannet turned to Zayden pouting, she held his arm waiting for his answer.

“Go ahead… I am not interested.” Zayden answered.

Jannet huffed and turned to Alex, “I guess even you won’t be coming then.”

Alex chuckled, “Yep, you are right!”

“Whatever…” Jannet rolled her eyes, slipping her hand around my waist she pushed me towards Finn saying, “She is coming with us.”

I lost my balance but Finn wrapped his hand around my shoulder holding me. I felt uncomfortable specially when he grazed his fingers over my bare shoulders. I pushed myself away from him and stood straight facing fuming Zayden and Alex. They both were glaring at Finn.

“What nonsense… Why did you push her.” And to my surprise it was Zayden’s voice. His jaws clenched while he stared at Jannet and Finn icily. Alex expression changed from bitter to normal within a second, he held my hand and pulled me next to him. “Are you okay?” he whispered.

I just nodded.

“Why are you screaming Zayden? Finn held her, she is fine.” Jannet answered as if it wasn’t a big deal.

Zayden was about to speak when Alex cut him off, “Leave it man. Cutie is okay. We are here to enjoy.”

Even after denying Jannet many times, she dragged me towards the crowd. I pushed through the dancing bodies and now we were surrounded by crazy dancers. My eyes gazed in the front towards the open area, Zayden and Alex were speaking something occasionally glancing in my direction.

Few minutes passed with me trying to loosen up a little. I again look back towards Zayden and Alex only to find them gone from there. A panic rose in my heart, I gulped the lump formed in my throat glancing all over the place. With them out of my sight, I was alarmed.

“Why – dan –“ Finn said. The music was so loud that I couldn’t catch his words.

“What?!” I asked almost screaming.

He leaned closer to my ear making me hesitant. I was irritated with the fact that he was getting touchy.

“Why aren’t you dancing?” He asked, his breath fanned against my ears making me frightened. I jerk my head backwards while flipping my hair to the front and covering my bare shoulders.

“I don’t like dancing.” I replied

Shaking his head he grasped my hand in his and twirled me around. I was still in shock when he suddenly pulled me towards him making me bump into his chest with his hands landing on both sides of my waist.

What the hell!

I pushed him away and before I could tell him to leave me alone another hand grasped my wrist pulling me back with force. My back collided with a hard chest.

I was sure it was either William or Alex.

“SHE IS DONE DANCING WITH YOU!!” A voice boomed making me hold my breath.

Wait! Am I dreaming?
I angled my face upwards to see a very furious Zayden throwing daggers at Finn.
Giving Finn a death glare Zayden pulled me out of the crowd and started walking towards the gate.

“Where are you taking me?” I questioned trying to match his pace.

“Home”

When we were walking I could feel guys staring at me. It kind of sent chills down my spine. I was extremely uncomfortable walking with so many eyes on me and this dress was not helping at all. I had my hand placed on my chest. Every now and then I pushed my dress a little downwards and then placed my hand back on my chest.

Zayden abruptly halted in his track, his vexed eyes rambled the surrounding. He removed his jacked and turned to face me. Peering at me from top to bottom he sighed moving a step closer. He wrapped his jacked around my shoulder.

“If you are feeling so uncomfortable in this dress why did you even wear it?” He asked brushing my hair over my shoulder.

“I — I—” I shuttered biting my lips.

He had no idea that him brushing my hair just like that had a bizarre effect on me.

Furrowing his brows he studied my face, “What?” He asked straightening the collar of the jacket.

“Jannet dressed me” I whisper peeling my eyes off his chiseled features.

Moving a step away from me, his eyes roamed from top to bottom taking in my appearance. “Better, let’s go now.” He stated and resumed walking.

I was almost running in high heels to match his pace. I came to a sudden halt when I saw the ground was unrolled with gravel. Sighing I stepped out of my heels and held them in my hand.

“What are you doing?” Zayden asked

“I don’t think I can walk swiftly on those gravels with my heels on. I am not used to wearing heels.” I stated walking past him. I had only taken a few steps when suddenly I find myself floating in air.

I was in Zayden arms, he lifted me in bridal style and started walking towards the parking lot.

I felt my cheeks burning with hot color. I was girded with his strong masculine strength.
“You — You don’t have to” I started but before I could complete my sentence Zayden cut me off with his sharp voice, "Don't talk”

I slowly place my hand on his shoulder looking everywhere but him. Pressing my lips straight I slightly turn my face to gaze at him and God he was breathtaking handsome. I have never been this close to Zayden. I used to watch him while he was asleep but I have never been so close to his face. He had perfectly chiseled features. I let my eyes roam around his deep eyes which were focused at the front.

Once we were in parking lot Zayden turned sideways to pass between two cars. Unknowingly he pulled me more closer to him. My stomach churned with nervousness when my front pressed against his hard chest. My nostrils filled with his addicting scent as my face almost snuggled into his neck. Suddenly he lowered his Gaze and looked directly into my eyes causing a shiver to course down my spine. I gulped fisting his shirt.

He slowly lowered me without taking his eyes off me. I clear my throat releasing his shirt. My cheeks were burning.

“You can drop me at the dorm” I said once he we both settled in the car.

“I don’t think anyone will come back any time soon from DJ. You will have to be alone there. So are you sure you want me to drop you at the dorm?” He asked starting the engine.

In few months of our marriage if not anything Zayden has definitely got to know about my weaknesses.

“No” I whisper looking out of the window.