Chapter 49

CHAPTER 49 — It's All Up To You

My hands started shaking as I face Shayne who also cannot look straight in my eyes. Kaya naman nagawa kong mas pagmasdan ang features ng kaniyang mukha.

From the way she looks, I could already tell how nice and kind she is. She looks lovely in that little black dress that she's wearing. I couldn't deny the fact that she's also very pretty.

Halos magkasing tangkad kaming dalawa. Her flowy hair made her appearance even more pleasant and it really fit the shape of her face. She has little makeup on but it still looks natural. Hindi na ako magkakataka kung magkagusto man si Conrad sa kaniya. Her physical appearance is enough for a guy to notice her. I wonder about her personality.

The thought made me remember what Lorenzo said about her. He admitted that she's nice but shy. He didn't say anything bad about her except for her being not friendly to the people she doesn't know.

Para sa akin ay hindi naman masama iyon. Being shy doesn't tell a person's total personality. Sometimes, they just don't know how to socialize with other people and because of that fact, some people think that they are just conceited. But for sure, when she gets to know someone, she'll be a good friend to them.

Nakakatawang isipin na magaganda ang mga bagay na iniisip ko tungkol sa babaeng kaharap ko ngayon. The truth is, I wanted to think that she's not good enough to be with Conrad. I wanted to prove that I am better than her. But who am I to judge? I don't even know her. Conrad might not love her but that one fact leads me to the idea that I should not be rude to her. Kahit na sa isip man lang ay hindi ko siya maaaring laitin o awayin.

She didn't do anything wrong. We loved the same person but that doesn't conclude that she's a bad person and that I should hate her. Hindi naman mali ang magmahal. Lalo na kung si Conrad ang minahal niya. Wala namang namamagitan sa amin ni Conrad nang maging sila. Yes, promises were made between us but that's not enough. Ako nga itong naunang hindi tumupad sa pangako. Bakit ako aasang tutuparin din ni Conrad ang kaniya?

Hindi ko na nasundan kung gaano kami katagal nakatayo roon. No one was moving. I continued staring at Shayne while her eyes cannot decide who to look at. Conrad's beside me and he's also quiet. He might be struggling and he doesn't know what to do.

Pero sa huli, siya pa rin ang naunang kumilos mula sa pagkakaestatwa niya. He held my hand and pulled me towards the front door of his car.

Kitang kita ko ang panlulumo sa mga mata ni Shayne nang ang kamay ko ang kinuha ni Conrad.

Hindi alam ni Shayne na pinapanood ko siya hanang sinusundan niya ng tingin ang mga kamay naming magkahawak. It was the only reason why I refused to go along with what Conrad wants to happen.

Binalingan ako ni Conrad nang bumitaw ako sa kaniya. I could see that he's worried. There's also fear and I couldn't think of any other reason behind it but the truth that this is really difficult for the two of us. And my mind was also flooded with the idea that it might be ten times more difficult for the girl that is with us.

Iniwasan ko ang kaniyang tingin at piniling buksan ang pinto sa likod ng sasakyan.

"Elaine..." usad niyang hindi ko na pinansin dahil nakasakay na ako sa likod.

He stood outside the car for a moment until he opened the door for Shayne.

Sobrang sikip sa dibdib habang pinapanood ko silang dalawa. Watching Shayne's lips forming into a smile broke my soul into tiny pieces. Hindi na nga ako sigurado kung humihinga pa ba ako habang pinagmamasdan ang babaeng nakatitig sa lalaking mahal ko.