5

>>Word count; 1021<<

~Katherine's Pov~

We started getting everything together we needed. "Hey Katherine." Carl said walking up to the van, "Hey kiddo." i said getting up, i walked over and sat down right on the edge of the van. "Can i call you Kat.?" he asked. I smiled a bit, "Sure." i said softly. "You're coming back right.?" He asked, I nodded at him. "Yeah, we all are. Don't worry about it.." i said. He nodded a bit looking at me, "Because you said you'd be away, and alone if you weren't with us. So you better come back.." He said looking up at me. "And leave my new best friend?" i asked messing up his hair, "I'm coming back." I smiled at him, pulling my hand away from his head.

"I thought i was your best friend." Glenn called out from the front seat, Carl smiled. "Kinda hurt back here." Glenn said looking at us. I looked back at him and laughed a little, "Just come back okay.?" Carl asked. I nodded looking at him, "Alright," i said. "Cmon! Let's go!" Daryl yelled after honking the truck's horn. "Be careful." Carl said. I nodded a bit and he went to go sit with Lori on the hood of the truck. I got back up went back to where i was sitting. T-Dog got in with some bolt cutters and sat down. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the wall behind me as we started to move. "You better bot fall asleep." T-dog said. "I'm not," i said keeping my eyes closed.

"You tired?" Glenn asked. "Nope.. Just thinking." i said. Half of me is saying that maybe someone took Luna in, they're taking care of her and keeping her safe.. But the other part of me is saying that she's only 10 and she's either out there alone, starving to death.. Scared out of her mind. But then the darker part of my mind saying she's either dead or she's a walker. I opened my eyes and brought my knees up to my chest looking down. This went down when i was on duty. My brother was taking care of her but i had to put him down, i looked everywhere in the house but she wasn't there. I started fiddling with the moon charm on my necklace.

It was quiet in here as Glenn drove, I felt a stare and i looked up to see Daryl looking at me. I rested my head back on the wall again but kept looking at him. He did the same and we just looked at each other. I raised an eyebrow a bit, "Staring contest.?" I asked softly. He looked away from me and i smiled a bit, now that i'm really looking at him he's kinda cute.  Who would have thought i'd find a redneck cute.? He looked at his crossbow then back at me after a second. I looked back down and sighed a bit through my nose. I couldn't sleep last night, i haven't been able to sleep at all because Luna's constantly on my mind. I don't have closure, all i could do is come up with scenarios in my head that always end up with her dead or a walker.

~~~~

"He'd better be okay. it's my only word on the matter." Daryl said looking at T-dog dead in the eyes. We were already in the city. "I told you the geeks can't get at him. Only thing that's gonna get through that door is us." He said. The truck came to a stop, "We walk from here." Glenn said. Quietly and quickly we made our way through the city and we got to the roof of the building that Merle was cuffed to. T-Dog cut the lock and pulled the chain of the door, Daryl kicked the door open and rushed past us. "Merle!" he called out, We followed him. "Merle!" he called out again and made his way down the steps. "No!" He yelled. I walked down the steps too and saw a hand on the floor, it was all bloody and there was a handsaw next to it.

"No!" He yelled again and started pacing, looking at the hand on the floor. He looked up at T-dog and Rick then back at the hand on the floor. "No!" he repeated in tears. T-Dog and Rick made their way down the steps. I looked up at Glenn and he looked at me too then back at the hand, grossed out at the sight. Daryl held his crossbow up to T-Dog's face then Rick pulled out his gun pointing it at Daryl's head. I sighed a bit looking at them, "I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Rick said looking at Daryl, but he was too focused on T-Dog. "Look, this macho stuff is real cute but both of you relax. We don't need this shit," I said walking by them. Daryl put his crossbow down after a second then Rick put away his gun too. I walked over to the hand, i saw a blood trail. It was a few drops but it was there. "You got a do-rag or sum..?" Daryl asked.

"Grimes." i said looking at him, He looked over to me and he walked over with Daryl. "I guess the blade was too dull for the handcuffs." Daryl said placing the bandanna down on the floor and grabbing Merle's hand, lifting it up to get a better look at it. "Jesus.." i said softly as he moved it around, "Ain't that a bitch." Daryl said and put it down. I pointed at the blood drops on the floor. "He must've used something as a tourniquet, There's not that much blood." i said. "Yeah.." Rick said looking at it too. "Maybe his belt." Daryl said as he wrapped the hand up. He stood up and walked over to Glenn, putting the hand in the bag. He grabbed his crossbow and T-Dog grabbed the tools. "Alright, let's go." I said and we followed the blood trail.

" I said and we followed the blood trail