8

>>Word count; 1112 <<

~Katherine's Pov~

We started walking, following them. She led us over to another building where there were a lot of old people, others were taking care of them.

It's a retirement home.

We kept walking and we walked into this bigger theater room where we saw Glenn and a lot of older people huddled up around a man. "What the hell is this.?" Rick asked. "An asthma attack. Couldn't get his breath all of a sudden." Glenn said. "I though you were being eaten by dogs man." T-dog said. He looked over and we saw 3 chihuahuas. I scoffed and laughed a bit, angry. "Jesus Christ." i said looking at G. "Could i have a word with you.?" Rick said going up to him. He pulled him aside and i went over to them too. "You're the dumbest son of a bitch i ever met. We walked in there ready to kill every last one of you." Rick said lowly.

"I'm glad it didn't go down that way." He said. "You do realize if it did go down that way, it would've been all your fault right.? For saying all that stupid shit. You forced our hand." I said. He looked at me, "We would've fought back. Wouldn't be the first time we've had to. Protect the food, the medicine- what's left of it. These people- the old ones." he said looking over at Rick. "Staff took off, just left 'em here to die." He said looking over at me again. "Me and Felipe were the only ones who stayed." he said.

"What are you.? Doctors?" Rick asked. G looked over to the people. "Felipe's a nurse, a special care provider. Me," he said looking back at Rick. "I'm the custodian." He said. I raised an eyebrow looking at him.

Never judge a book my it's cover.

Rick looked at me and i looked at him said. I shook my head a bit.

~Leaving~

We left them some guns to protect themselves. We were about to leave but i stopped at the door turning back to G and licked my lips. "Do you pick up people when you go out on runs..?" i asked walking up to him. "Sometimes." he said checking out the guns. "Why. Wanna stay.?" he asked looking up at me. I shook my head. "Um- this is a long shot but my gut's telling me i gotta ask." i said closing my eyes. I opened them after i finished my sentence. I reached in my back pocket, i looked a picture of me and Luna and held it out towards him. "I lost her when this all went down.." I said, He reached out and looked at the picture.

He shook his head after a second. "Nah.." he said handing it back to me. "She your kid.?" he asked. I nodded a bit. ".. Yeah. I lost her when this all went down i guess- my head's just clinging to the thought she's- alive.." i said looking down at the picture. "Gotta be tough.. I'm sorry." he said. I nodded, "Yeah, thanks though.." i said. He nodded. "Let's go." I looked back at Daryl. I looked back at G and nodded, He returned it. "Thanks." i said putting the picture in my pocket quickly then walked out. "The hell're you doing.?" He asked. "Shut up." i said and continued walking, catching up with Rick, Glenn and T-dog. "Everything okay.?" Rick asked. "Yeah." i said and kept walking.

We started making our way back to the cube van, "Admit it, you only came back to Atlanta for the hat." Glenn said as we walked. "Don't tell anybody." Rick said, I kept looking at the floor as i walked. This shit was getting harder and harder as the days went by, the worry i felt was eating me alive. "You've given away half our guns and ammo." Daryl said. "Not nearly half." Rick said. "For what.? Bunch of old farts who are gonna die off momentarily anyhow? Seriously, how long you think they got?" Daryl asked. I looked up, "How long do any of us.?" Rick asked. I saw that the van was missing. "our day keeps getting better and better." I said.

"Oh my god." Glenn said. "Where the hell's our van.?" Daryl asked. "We left it right there. Who would take it.?!" Glenn asked. "Merle." Rick said. There was a pause. "He's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp." Daryl said. "Let's go." i said and started walking, they followed and we started walking back to camp.

~Nightfall~

We were almost at camp when we heard gunfire and screams, "Oh my god." Rick said as we stopped running for a second. "Go- Go!" T-dog said. We started running again, once we made it to camp and we saw walkers everywhere, some people already on the floor dead. We started firing at the walkers, shooting. "God-" i whispered and shot another one. "Baby! Carl!" Rick said as we shot down the final ones. "Dad!" Carl cried and ran over to Rick. My heart was racing as i looked around one last time to make sure we didn't miss any. The gunfire finally stopped and all we heard was people crying

~The next day~

"Take a break." I heard Daryl's voice. We were burning the walker's bodies and separating our people's bodies to bury them. I shook my head dragging another walker to the pile and putting it on the fire with the rest. It was really hot during the day and pretty cold when night comes. I was wearing a bandanna over my mouth and nose to get help with the smell. I walked over to get another one but Daryl grabbed my arm before i could take another step. I pulled my arm away from his grasp and looked at him. "Take a damn break before you pass out." He said looking me in the eyes. I caught my breath a bit. "Or don't, i don't care." he said walked away, I wiped some sweat from my forehead and looked down at the walkers.

I licked my lips and walked away, pulling the bandanna down so i could breathe better. I was mad and upset because Luna wasn't there, and i know it wasn't her fault or the guys back at the home but i was still angry at myself for not being there to protect her I punched a tree as i walked away and i held my arm. I wanted to cry and scream, i had all this frustration built up I pulled the hair tie out of my hair and grabbed my pistol heading into the woods.

 I wanted to cry and scream, i had all this frustration built up I pulled the hair tie out of my hair and grabbed my pistol heading into the woods