9

>>Word count; 1055 <<

~Katherine's Pov~

I was down by the water, the sun was still out and i think they finished burying the people we lost. I was able to just let some frustration go, I cried, punched the wall of rocks- stupid but i feel like if i didn't punch something i'd end up punching someone and it wouldn't end well. I've been down here for hours, "We thought you took off." I looked over to see Rick walking down to me. I looked away from him and back at the floor i was sitting down with my knees up to my chest. "You alright?" he asked. "..Wonderful." i whispered. He sat down next to me after a second and held out a bottle towards me.

I looked at it then took it, drinking some. "We're thinking of going to the CDC, Hopefully get some help for Jim.. He was bit." he said. I looked over to him and swallowed the water, taking the bottle away from my lips. "You coming with us?" He asked. I nodded a bit, "..Yeah," i said. He looked at my hand. "Wanna come back up? Get that cleaned up.?" he asked. I looked at my hand. "Is it broken.?" he asked holding his hand out towards me. I held it out and he took it, feeling my hand. "..No." i said softly. "What got you riled up.?" he asked letting go of my hand. I looked away from him, "Nothing i was just- tired." i said.

"You sure.?" he asked. I nodded, "Yeah." i said and drank some more water. He nodded a bit, "Alright. Let get up there." He said standing up. I stood up and dusted my jeans, putting my hair back in the ponytail, We started walking back up to the camp. "I doubt there's gonna be anything up there Rick." I said. "There has to be, Something." he said, I looked down at the floor and slowed down a bit, looking at him. He slowed down too and looked back at me. I wanted to ask him how he did it, how he kept hope when he was looking for Lori and Carl. "What..?" he asked waiting for me to say something. But then again; i don't think i'm gonna be with this group for much longer. I might just leave.. i'm not sure yet. I don't know if i should stay or go back and look for Luna.

I shook my head hesitantly. "..Nothing, never mind.." i said softly and started walking. "You can talk to me." He said catching up with me, "I appreciate it," I said as we walked. "There's nothing you need to tell me.?" he asked. I shook my head, "No," i said. He stayed silent and i looked over to him. "I'm good, I just- i need to sleep. I haven't been sleeping." i said. He nodded a bit as he looked at me. "Alright," he said.

~The next day~

"Alright everybody listen up." Shane said, We were getting ready to leave the camp, we had everything packed. Those of you with C.B's, We're gonna be on Channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay.?" he asked looking at everyone, "Now you got a problem, don't have a C.B., Can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the Caravan." Shane said. I looked over, we were able to see some buildings from the city in the distance, they were poking out from the trees. "Any questions.?" he asked. "We're uh- we're not going.." Morales said. I looked over to him, the group grew silent and all we heard were the animals.

"We have family in Birmingham.. We wanna be with out people." His wife said. "You go on your own, you wont have anyone to watch your back." Shane said. "We'll take the chance, i gotta do what's best for my family." Morales said. I looked back at the buildings in the distance. "We talked about it. We're sure." he said. "Alright, Shane.?" Rick asked. "Yeah." Shane said. I looked over to see them digging through the gun bag, they pulled out a handgun and a box of ammo. They walked up to them and handed him the gun and the box. "The box is half full." Shane said. Daryl scoffed and paced a bit. "Thank you all, for everything." She said. I looked at them, Lori hugged her and kissed the kids' heads. I looked over to see Carl crying and Sophia about to cry.

One of her kids gave Sophia her doll. "Channel 40, if you change your minds. Alright.?" Rick asked looking at Morales. They walked away and got in their car. "What makes you think our odds are any better.?" Shane asked Rick. he didn't respond, "Cmon, let's go." Shane said, everyone started getting in their cars. "Let's move out." he said. I stayed where i was and debated about going or staying. What if she was still here..? And i'm leaving. My heart started racing and i looked over at the buildings again. ".. You stayin'..?" I looked over to Daryl. Rick and Shane turned around and looked at each other then at me. "No- don't. You can't." Carl said. I looked over to him and my eyes glossed over. I wanted to go look for Luna. I really did but i was stuck. "Please don't." He said with tears in his eyes.

He was already upset that Morales' family was leaving. "Stayin' or leavin'.?" Shane said. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked back over to the building that i was able to see. "Katherine we need to know now." Rick said. I shook my head a bit, "You positive.?" he asked. "Don't go." Carl said, "Baby," Lori said putting her hands on his head, stopping him from talking. "Yeah.." i whispered. Rick gave me a small nod, I licked my lips. "Let's go, before i change my mind on lettin' you ride with me." Daryl said walking to the blue pickup. He had Merle's bike in the back. I sniffled a bit and walked over to the truck and got in. He started driving and i looked out the window resting my head on the cushion of the seat.

 He started driving and i looked out the window resting my head on the cushion of the seat