23

>>Word count; 1432<<

This was a long chapter, hope you guys don't mind haha

~Katherine's Pov~

"Surprised you didn't put up a fight." Daryl said walking up to us, I shrugged a bit. "I still have my knife so," i said looking down at my knife, "At least there's that." I said and looked up at him, "Find anything?" I asked, He put the bow down and leaned against the tree i was sitting at. He sat down next to me and held out a flower. I gasped, "Oooh for me?" I asked putting my hand on my chest. "I'm flattered." I said and took it and giggled, taking my hand off my chest. I looked down at it, it was a Cherokee rose. "I already gave the history lesson to Carol, don't feel like repeating myself." he said leaning against the tree too. I was just sitting out here, the quiet was nice, had nothing to worry about. It felt good.

I touched a petal and nodded a bit, "I know," i said. "Good." he said and brought a knee up to his chest keeping the other extended. He rested his elbow on his knee. ".. Thought of Sophia and your girl.. Got one for Carol too, couldn't find another bottle." He said. My smile faded a bit and kept looking at the flower. "If i tell you something, promise not to get mad.?" I asked. "Nope." he said. I smiled slightly again, "I'm still gonna say it." I said and licked my lips a bit. "Whatever," he said looking forward. "You can be sweet sometimes." I said looking over at him. He bit the inside of his cheek, not answering. I smiled a bit again and he looked over to me. "You really can be." I said. "Don't get use to it." he said looking away. "Hey care bear." i said. "I'll actually kill you." he said looking over to me. I laughed a little, "No i'm serious.. Thank you." i said smiling. The corners of his lips curled slightly, "Don't call me that shit again." He said and bit the inside of his lips.

He looked away from me and i giggled the slightest looking down. "Heat of the moment, I was willing to take the risk." i said and looked at the fields. "And i like to piss you off." I said. He looked back at me and i did the same then held my hand up to our eye level, holding my index finger and my thumb up out, making them almost touch. "Just a little," i whispered. He shook his head and looked forward. "I found a farmhouse." he said changing the subject. "Find anything.?" i asked looking down at the flower again. "Yeah, i called her out but nothin'." He said. I nodded a bit resting my head on the tree, I closed my eyes feeling the breeze. "You tell Rick yet?" i asked opening my eyes. The sun was starting to set, it looked pretty in the distance.

"Nah, just got back. Had to play flower delivery boy." He said looking forward too, I nodded a bit. "Gon' go out there again, take a horse this time. Hopefully find something." He said. "I hope so too.." I said. "We'll find 'er." he said and stood up. He grabbed his bow. "I'ma go tell him." he said. I looked up at him and nodded. He returned it and walked away from me.

~The next day~

We just got back from looking for Sophia a bit more in the woods. I was with T-dog and Andrea while Rick and Shane were together. We found nothing though, they found nothing either. "Hey- can i uh.." Glenn said walking up to me. "Can i talk to you real quick?" he asked softly, it was almost a whisper. I nodded a bit, "Why're you whispering?" i asked asked in the same tone. He put a hand on my back and walked me away from everyone. "What's going on?" i asked once we were away from everyone. "You know that pharmacy run I made with Maggie..?" he asked. I nodded looking at him.

"I was looking for--" he said and cut himself off. "For- something and i grabbed condoms by accident." he said. I raised an eyebrow.

Where was this going..?

"And i sort of had sex with Maggie in the shop.." he said. My eyes widened. "Oh- my god." i said and smiled. I covered my mouth a bit. "Glenn." i laughed a bit. "Shh-!" He said putting his hand on my arm. "Shut up." he said smiling. "Wait- how was it holy shit." I said uncovering my mouth, he took his hand off my arm. "It was sex- i don't know. Good?" he asked. "Oh my god.!" i said softly. "You better hope she doesn't say anything to her dad or anyone because it's gonna be bad if she does." I said. "I don't think she'll say anything." he said shaking his head. "Do you like her?" i asked. "I'm- I have a small crush. So a little. But she's so confusing, women are confusing." He said. "Why? What happened?" i asked.

"She was being really mean to me then we had sex." he said. "Walker!" We heard Andrea call out. We headed back to the rest. "Walker!" She said again. We looked over to the open field and we saw something moving, coming towards us. It was far though. "Just the one.?" Rick asked. Glenn left my side and i looked back to see him along with Shane and T-Dog grab their weapons. I still had my gun on me, i haven't given it back. "I bet i can nail it from here." Andrea said, i looked up to see her putting the binoculars down. "No- no. Andrea put the gun down." Rick said. ad she grabbed the sniper rifle and pointed it at the walker. "If Hershel hears that gunshot he'll make us leave." i said looking up at her. "You'd best let us handle this." Shane said walking over to us.

"Shane hold up, Hershel wants to deal with walkers." Rick said. "He doesn't' have to know. We'll get rid of it before he notices there was a walker on his land." i said looking at Rick. "Yeah, we got it covered." Shane said putting his cap on. We started heading over to the walker. I pulled my gun out as i ran, Once we were close enough i noticed it was Daryl. He was dragging his crossbow, his mouth was all bloody, he was dirty and he had a necklace of what looks like to be ears. I furrowed my eyebrows holding my gun, Rick has his pointed at Daryl's head. I felt my heart drop, He stopped walking but stumbled a bit.

"Is that Daryl.?" Glenn asked. I swallowed the lump in my throat, "That's the third time you've pointed that thing at my head." He said. I released a breath i didn't even know i was holding and looked down at the floor with my eyes. "You gonna pull the trigger or what.?" He asked. I looked back up to him. Rick smiled and stopped pointing the gun at him. We all felt relieved that he was okay.

A sudden gunshot went off and Daryl dropped to the floor. "Daryl-" I said and ran to him. "No!" Rick yelled. I got on my knees and dropped my gun next to me. "No! No!" Rick yelled. I put my hand on his chest. "Daryl-" i said, my heart was racing. I pulled the necklace away from his mouth. He reached up and touched his head then pulled away, looking at the blood on his ringers. "God- damn it Daryl." i said taking my hand off his chest. The bullet only grazed the side of his head. He caught his breath looking at me. "I was kidding." He said. I grabbed my gun, tucking it away then grabbing his Crossbow. I stood up putting my hand on my neck, resting it on top of my necklace.

Rick and Shane picked him up. "Oh my god- Oh my god!" We saw Andrea running towards us. "Is he dead??!" Andrea asked. "Unconscious. You just grazed him." Rick said as we started walking. He and Shane were holding him up, his feet were dragging as he walked. "But look at him. What the hell happened to him.?! He's wearing ears!" Glenn said. Rick ripped them off of his neck and tucked it in his shirt. "Guys." T-Dog called out, We turned around. "Isn't this Sophia's?" He asked holding up her doll.

 "Isn't this Sophia's?" He asked holding up her doll