30

Katherine's gun and knife

>>Word count; 1144<<

~Katherine's Pov~

I checked in on Glenn earlier today, he was upset but he'll be okay. I didn't really talk a lot to Dale but he was a good guy.. Right now, we were out looking for Randall since he "Escaped" according to Shane. The window on the small second story to the shed was boarded up, Daryl got that done. The cuffs were bloody but still hooked and closed. The door was also locked from the outside, Shane said he was out here with a gun and that Randall sneaked up on him. His nose was obviously broken and he was acting really weird. His story just wasn't adding up. He's just been really off and angry lately, like a soda that's been shaken and the cap was about to blow off.

It was Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Shane and I out here in the woods. "I saw him head up through the trees that way before i blacked out." Shane said. I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head a bit. This was a bullshit story, but where was he trying to go with it.? "I'm not sure how long." he said. I kept looking at Shane as we walked. "He couldn't have gotten far." Rick said. He turned around and looked at me, that look in his eyes. It was scary, he was just so angry. His eyes were dark again, He looked away from me and we kept walking. He shouldn't have a gun.

"He's hobbled, exhausted." Rick said. "And armed." Glenn said. "So are we." Rick said as we stopped. "Can you track him?" he asked Daryl, I kept looking at Shane trying to read him, his posture. "Nah, i don't see nothing." Daryl said. Shane looked at me again and shook his head licking his lips slightly, he had blood on his chest and mouth from the nose bleed. "Hey look, there ain't no use tracking him. Okay?" he asked walking past me. "He went that way. We need to pair up. We spread out, we just chase him down. That's it." he said standing behind me. It was like he was avoiding my looks. Which makes me all more curious on what he was up to. I looked down and back slightly.

"Kid weighs a buck-25 soaking wet. You trying to tell us he got the jump on you.?" Daryl asked, i looked at him. Thank you, for being the one who also sees this crazy ass story. "I say a rock pretty much evens those odds wouldn't you.?" Shane asked. I took a few steps away and looked at him again, "Alright knock it off. You and Glenn and Katherine start heading up right flank. Me and Shane'll take the left. Remember, Randall's not the only threat out here. Keep an eye out for each other." Rick said and started walking. Shane watched him as he walked away. Like an animal praying on it's victim. I looked over to Rick. "Let me go with you," i said. "It's alright," Rick said looking back at me. "Let me go with you." I repeated. I didn't want him to be alone with Shane, not when he had that look in his eyes.

I had a gut feeling and when i had it, i never ignored it. He walked again. "Rick." I said. He turned back around. "You got something you wanna say to me.?" Shane asked looking at me. I shrugged, "Do you.?" i asked as he walked closer to me. I stayed where i was. I didn't move, The vibes he was sending made me uneasy. "You've been staring me down the whole way here. Say it." he said. "Back off." Rick said. I kept looking at Shane and tilted my head. I took a step closer to him. "Try something, i dare you." i said locking eyes with him. "You go with Daryl and Glenn. I'll be alright." Rick said. I kept looking at Shane though, pretty sure he was imagining taking that gun to my head and pulling the trigger.

"Go. We don't have time for this." Rick said, I looked over at him with my eyes and he gestured for me to go. I looked back at Shane. "..Fine." i said and started walking away. We all split up again, started walking. "You got some balls." Daryl said as i looked back at Shane as they walked. I looked back forward and back at Daryl. He looked at me too. "He can take care of himself, he'll be alright." he said. "He's gonna try something. You saw that look in his eyes." i said as we kept walking. "Yeah, they need to work it out. Can't get involved." he said as he looked away, he started looking for a trail. "I still wanna go with them." i said.

"Don't," He said, it was getting darker by the minute.

~~

"We're just back to square one." Glenn said. We've been out here for a while and found nothing, so we went back to start over. "If you're gonna do a thing you might as well do it right." Daryl said and kept searching with a flashlight. "There's two sets of tracks right here. Shane must've followed him a lot longer than he said.. There's fresh blood on this tree." He said looking at the tree, pointing a light at it. This was getting weird, "There's more tracks right here. Looks like they're walking in tandem." He said. I shook my head a bit and looked around, I furrowed my eyebrows a bit seeing something move in the distance. "There's a was little dust up right here." Daryl said.

I started walking a bit towards it holding my gun, trying to get a closer look, I lost it but it was alone. There's no way it was Shane and Rick, and we're the only people out here. "What do you mean.?" Glenn asked. "I mean something went down." Daryl said. Their voices started getting fainter meaning they were walking further away from me, I stayed where i was trying to look for it again, Or did i imagine it..? It was dark and kinda foggy, it was hard to see. "Katherine." Glenn said, I held my hand up a bit then back put it back on my gun, i was trying to focus. Maybe it was just a walker? Got through the fence somehow.

But still, if it was a walker it would be best we take it down rather than risk something happening again. "See somethin' ?" Daryl asked softly, coming to me. I nodded a bit, "Yeah i- i lost it though.." I said. He looked around too and we heard a snap. Glenn ran to a tree and Daryl tugged my jacket. We ran and hid behind a tree. I looked back to see that it was a walker. We were able to hear it's growls. Daryl whistled and i looked over to see him tossing the flashlight to Glenn. I looked back to see the walker making it's way over to us. Glenn was about to kill it but he froze, the walker pushed Glenn and went to Daryl making him miss his shot, he was against the tree. I grabbed the walker, Pulled it off of him and stabbed it. I sighed pulling off the knife. "Found him." I said catching my breath slightly. I looked up at Daryl then Glenn. "You good?" i asked. They nodded and i wiped the blood on it's shirt.

Daryl moved the light away and i furrowed my eyebrows a bit. "hold up bring it back." i said putting my knife down. He shined the light back and i looked at his neck. "Look," i said signaling for him to come down. I pointed at his neck, "Got his neck broke." He said and turned him around, "What're you doing?" i asked. He checked his body. "He's got no bites." he said. "Yeah, none you can see." Glenn said. "Nah i'm telling you, he died from this." he said pointing at his neck. I furrowed my eyebrows and we all just looked at each other. "How's that possible.?" Glenn said. Daryl got up and grabbed his arrow from the tree. I got my knife from the floor and stood up as well., looking down at the body.

So this just proves that if we die no mater what way we turn.? I tilted my head a bit and looked forward trying to process. "Let's go." Daryl said as they waited for me. I looked back at them. "Cmon." He said again. I put my knife in it's holster and we walked back to the farm.

 I put my knife in it's holster and we walked back to the farm