86

>>Word count; 1492<<

~Katherine's Pov~

We were walking now, heading back to the place we were staying. "I'm goin' out with Aaron. Recruit people." he said. "How long are you gonna be gone?" i asked looking over to him. He shook his head, "Don't know. I'm comin' back though." He said. I nodded a bit, "Yeah i know." i said looking at him, He gave me a little nod. "You gonna be alright?" he asked. I looked at him and gave him a little smile. "Yeah.. I'm gonna miss you though." i said. He kept looking at me and smiled a bit looking over. "Nah," He said. "Yeah i am, would you miss me if i was the one going.?" I asked. "Nah, because i'd go with you." He said looking forward. We walked up the steps to the house we were staying at and walked in. "If you weren't coming with me." I said. "If i wasn't yeah.. But you ain't going anywhere without me." he said putting the crossbow down against the wall. I smiled a bit at him and sat down on the couch, he plopped down on the couch with me too and sighed getting comfortable. "When're you going?" I asked looking over at him. "Tomorrow morning." he said. I sighed a bit and reached out, holding his hand. He held it back. "Okay." i said. He held my hand back and brought it up, kissing it. "Oooh," i said softly and looked at him.

"What?" he smiled. "Nothing, You can be sweet sometimes it's cute." I said getting on top of him. I sat down on his lap and looked down at him. "Sometimes.." He said putting his hands on my outer thighs. "Aaron didn't say how long you guys were gonna stay out there?" i asked moving some hair out of his face. He shook his head. "Nah, just said it could take a while." he said looking at me. "You don't want me to go?" He asked. I shook my head a bit. "No.. But i know that wont change anything." i said shrugging a bit and put my hands on his shoulder. "Am i gonna see you in the morning before you leave?" I asked. He shrugged, "Don't know, I never wake you up." He said. I nodded a bit. "I'll come back." He said looking at me and patting my right thigh gently. "I'm still gonna miss you though." i said smiling a bit.

"Yeah you better." He said, I giggled and leaned down slightly to kiss him. He kissed me back but i pulled away. "Where are you guys even going..?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. He rested his head on the couch cushion looking at me. "He hasn't told me that either, Just said he has a place he wanted to check out but that's it." he said looking at me. I nodded a bit looking at him. "Let me cut your hair.." I smiled at him. He shook his head, "Hell no." He said. "Why not?" I asked smiling. He shook his head, "I ain't cuttin' my hair." He said, "If it gets too long i'll cut it, if you want," I said. "Do you even know how to cut hair or are you gonna fuck it up." He said smiling a little at me. I smiled and shook my head. "I used to cut my dad's hair," I laughed a bit. He nodded, "Alright.." He said keeping the small smile on his face.

~About a day later~

Daryl left with Aaron to go recruit more people yesterday, he still didn't know how long they were gonna be out there for so it was just a waiting game now. It's only been a day and I already miss him. I miss talking to him, just being around him in general. "Hey," Carl said walking up to me. "Hey kiddo." I smiled at him. He was walking with Judith, "Your dad home?" i asked as i got down in a squat to say hi to Judith, "Yeah," He said looking at me. "Hi baby." i said to Judith, putting my hand on the side of her face. I stood back up and looked at him, sighing. "What..?" He asked. "I want something pretty.." i said looking at him. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." He said looking at me. I smiled at him. "You surprise me." He said shaking his head, also smiling. "i'll think of something." I said nodding. He fixed his hat. "okay." he said. "alright." i said tightening my ponytail. "Alright I'm busy go away." he said walking around me. I giggled a bit, "See ya," i said. "Yeah," he said looking back at me with a smile.

I headed over to Rick's place.

~~

I walked into the house and saw Rick putting on his jacket. "Hello officer Grimes." i said smiling as he fixed his jacket, I tossed him a badge. He caught it and looked at it, "You convinced her?" he asked looking at me. I nodded, "Mhm." i said as i walked over to his kitchen. I sat on the counter and stole a strawberry as i looked at him. "How're you so.." he said walking up to me. He put the badge on the table by my thigh. I grabbed it and put it on my belt. "Happy all the time." He said, I looked at him and smiled a bit as i chewed. (mouth closed ya nasties) I shrugged and shook my head swallowing the strawberry.

"If it's not me who's it gonna be? Everyone's always so- tense.. I like making people smile." i said looking at him, "Still after everything, i really don't get it." He said, I shrugged looking at the strawberry in my hands. "it's just me," I said looking back at him. "I try to be, it's honestly my way of dealing with all this shit. Make other feel better you- stop focusing on yourself. Eventually i forget shit that's bothering me." I said and licked my lips. "I like making you smile, Daryl smile. it's hard sometimes because you two stress a lot. If i make you or him smile even just a little it make me feel good." i said and took another bite. He nodded and leaned against the counter standing next to me.

"Did i- kiss your cheek at the party..?" he asked. I laughed a little and covered my mouth looking at him. I nodded. "Mhm." I said swallowing the strawberry and uncovering my mouth. "Oh yeah you did. I thought you didn't remember." I said smiling at him. He smiled a bit and looked away from me, "I had a little too much to drink," He said. I kept smiling at him, "Don't worry about it, it was nice to see you let go." I said as he looked back at me. "Smiling for no reason i like that." I giggled. He shook his head a bit, "Don't worry about it. You're lucky you're a cute drunk." i said tossing the strawberry leaves to the trash. I sighed a bit. "I think i kissed Jesse too." He said, I looked over to him.

"Damn, player." I said, He looked over to me. "I wasn't the only girl you kissed? I'm hurt.." i said frowning a bit at him. He nudged my knee a bit with his hand. I giggled a bit. "You like her?" I asked. He didn't answer. "it's okay if you do, you can build something here.." i said softly. He hasn't had any relationship since Lori. "Do you like her?" i asked again. He looked at me for a second then nodded a bit. ".. Yeah," he said softly. "Then what're you waiting for?" i asked smiling softly at him. "She's married," He said nodding. I nodded, "Mmm, but see she's flirting back for a reason so you must be doing something right." I giggled and rested my chin on his shoulder for a second then pulled away.

He looked at me. "Carol said her husband's hurting her." He said. I kept looking at him too, "I'm gonna try to stop it. Keep her safe." He said. I nodded a bit looking at him. "You're a good person Rick.. Anyone would be lucky to have you." I said.

A/N: TEA TIME!!!! So, ngl

A/N: TEA TIME!!!! So, ngl... i thought about having a love triangle with Rick, Kath and Daryl. For the sake of keeping the story line intact, there will not be a love triangle between the 3. BUTTT there is chemistry between Katherine and Rick. I know y'all see it too, some of you have shipped them just like i have ;) Let's just say that they both know there's a little fire between them but they're not doing anything about it knowing it would cause drama in the group.

Final answer; yes, there is something between Rick and Katherine. No love triangle.