35

I wanted to skip this chapter but people get mad if i do skip things like this.. 😬

>>Word count; 1512<<

~Katherine's Pov~

"That's far enough." Daryl said as the prisoners started walking out one by one. "Cell block C. Cell 4, that's mine gringo." the man with the gun said looking at us, he wasn't holding his gun this time but we kept our weapons pointing at them. The rest had 'weapons' but he was the only one with a firearm. "Let me in." he said. "Not gonna happen." i said looking at him. "Today's your lucky day fellas. You've been pardoned by the state of Georgia. You're free to go." Daryl said. "What you got going on in there.?" he asked. "It ain't none of your concern." Daryl responded. "Don't be telling me what's my concern." he said pulling out his gun. Daryl took his foot off the bench and stood up straight.

"Chill man, dude's leg is messed up. Besides, we're free now. Why are we still in here?" one of them asked. "Listen to your friend," i said looking at him. "Yeah, and i gotta check on my old lady." Another one said. "A group of civilians breaking in to a prison you got no business being in-- Got me thinking there ain't no place for us to go." The main guy said looking at Daryl. "Why don't you go find out.?" Daryl asked. "Maybe we'll just be going now." another man said. "Hey we ain't leaving." the main guy said. "You ain't coming in either." T-dog said coming out, pointing his gun at him. The man pointed his gun at him too. "This is my house my rules. I go where i damn well please.!" He said raising his voice.

"We're not letting you in. It's best if you just leave." I said. "I ain't taking orders from no bitch." he said pointing his gun at me. I smiled, "Oooh!" I said laughing a bit. "Ballsy coming from a guy with a tiny ass gun." i said smiling at him. "You do realize we can drop you guys right? Like- right now." I said. "You'd be the first i shoot." He said. "Try it, see what happens." i said shrugging, still pointing my gun at him. "There ain't nothin' for you here. Why dont' you go back to your own sandbox." Daryl said. "Hey! Everyone relax. There's no need for this." Rick said stepping out. "How many of you are in there.?" the man asked pointing the gun at Rick.

"Too many for you to handle." Rick said. He looked at us then back at Rick. "You guys rob a bank or something.? Why don't you take him to a hospital.?" he asked. I looked at him a bit confused then looked over at Rick slightly. He looked at me and Daryl then back at him. We looked back at the guys too. "How long have you been locked in that cafeteria.?" Rick asked. "Going on like 10 months." He said fixing his grip on the gun. I raised an eyebrow slightly. "Riot broke out. Never seen anything like it." A man said, "Attica on speed man." Another one said. "Ever heard about dudes going cannibal, dying, coming back to life? Crazy." another said. "One guard looked out for us, locked us up in the cafeteria. Told us, sit tight, threw me this piece said he'd be right back." The main guy said. "Yeah, that was 292 days ago." The one behind him said.

"94 according to my calcula-" one man got cut off by the main guy. "Shut up!" he said. "We were thinking that the army or the National Guard should be showing up any day now." the man behind him said. "There is no army." Rick said. "What do you mean.?" one of them asked. "There's no government, no hospitals, no police. It's all gone." Rick said. "For real?" one of them asked. "Serious." Rick said. "What about my moms?" One of them asked. "My kids.? And my old lady.?" another one asked and looked at us. "Yo, you got a cellphone or something that we can call our families?" He asked. "You just don't get it do you.?" Daryl asked. "There's literally nothing. Phones, computers wont work." I said shaking my head. The guy with the gun stopped pointing it, Daryl put his crossbow down.

"As far as we can see at least half the population has been wiped out. Probably more." Rick said. "Ain't no way." The main guy said. "See for yourself." Rick said pointing at the door. I put my gun down and we headed outside. "Damn the sun feels good." One of them said stretching. "Good lord, they're all dead." another one said. "Never thought i'd be so happy to see these fences." The main guy said as we all walked. "You never say, how the hell you get in here in the first place.?" Another guy said. "Cut a hole in that fence over there by that guard tower." Daryl said pointing at the fence. "That easy huh?" The same guy said. "Where there's a will there's a way." Daryl said. "Easy for you to say." he said looking at Daryl.

"So what is this? Like a disease?" One of them asked. "Yeah, and we're all infected." Rick said. "What do you mean infected.? Like AIDS or something.?" another asked. "If i was to kill you, shoot an arrow in your chest, you'd come back as one of these things. It's gonna happen to all of us." Daryl said. "Ain't no way these Robbin Hood cats responsible for killing all these freaks." "Must be 50 bodies out here." they said. The main guy took a few more steps towards Rick. "Where'd you come from.?" He asked. "Atlanta." I said looking at him. He walked over to me and Rick. "Where you headed?" he asked. I shook my head shrugging, "Who said we were going anywhere.?" i asked looking at him. He looked at Rick and walked over to him too.

"I guess you can take that area down there near the water. Should be comfortable." he said pointing, "We're using that field for crop." Rick said. "We'll help you move your gear out." He said. "That won't be necessary." Rick said. I started walking slowly, not wanting to gain attention. I stood beside him, a few feet away. I held my gun behind my back with both hands, my finger on the trigger.  "We took out these walkers, this prison is ours." Rick said. "Slow down cowboy." he said. "You snatched the locks off our doors." another one of them said standing next to him. "We'll give you new locks if that's how you want it." Rick said. "This is our prison, we were here first." He said. "That's funny," i said looking at him. He looked over to me. "Locked in a broom closet?" Rick asked smiling, only for a second though. He looked back at Rick. "We took it, set you free. It's ours. We spilled blood." He said. "We're moving back in our cell block." The main guy said.

"You'll have to get your own." Rick said. "It's mine. I still got personal artifacts in there." he said pulling out his gun, I pointed my gun at his head, "That's about as mine as it gets." He said holding his gun. "Whoa whoa whoa!" Another guy said coming up to us. "Maybe let's try to make this work out so everybody wins." He said. "I don't see that happening." the main one said. "Neither do i." Rick said. "I ain't going back in that cafeteria for one more minute." he said. "There are other cell blocks." The one that came up to us said. "You could leave. Try your luck out on the road." Daryl said pointing his crossbow at him too. He looked at Daryl, then me, then back at Rick. "If these three pussies and a bitch can do all this the least we can do is take out another cell block." He said. "With what.?" Another guy asked. "Atlanta here will spot us some real weapons. Won't you boss.?" he asked looking at Rick. "How stocked is that cafeteria? Five guys lasting almost a year?" Rick asked. "It sure as hell don't look like anybody's been starvin'." Daryl said.

"There's only a little left." He said. "We'll take half, In exchange we'll help you clear a cell block." Rick said. "Didn't you hear him? There's only a little left." one of them said. "I mean we'll give you 2 more options but you won't like it, this is your best choice and maybe you'll actually live." I said. He looked at me. "You pay we'll play. We'll clear out a block for you, then you keep to it." Rick said. "Alright." He said as they looked back at Rick. "But let's be clear, If we see you out here anywhere near our people, if i so much as even catch a whiff of your scent," He said stepping closer to the main guy. "I will kill you." he said. "Deal." The man said.

" The man said